Part Ninety: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

"Kaya?", he asked me again. His words were ringing in my ear. He squeezed my hands that he was still holding and tried to make eye contact.

Then he leaned in, rested his forehead against mine and fixed my eyes before closing his. My heart was almost popping out, it was beating so fast. What the hell are you doing Kaya? Relax.

I closed my eyes, too and stroked his thump with mine lightly. His steady breath against mine was calming me. I didn't know how you could ever miss something like the breath of a person but I did miss his... I was sure.

Weird thinking about things like that while you're with the one you love. The one I love...

"Yeah.. yeah... yeah..", I mumbled over and over and the breeze of my voice crushed against his lips.

"Yeah yeah yeah what?", he repeated with a husky voice.

"I... I still love you", I whispered back.

I didn't have to wait long until I felt his warm breath coming closer. I was breathing him in. It was such a pure feeling. It was as if I had finally come home.

I sank into his arms as his lips finally touched mine. Every muscle in my body relaxed. I swung my arms around his neck and kissed him back. 

We were staying like this until he let go of me, rested his head against mine again and smiled at me happily.

"I just can't stop kissing you", he whispered and pressed his lips against mine again. "Please.. just.. don't stop", I whispered back in between his kisses.

I could've stayed there with him forever but it was getting dark and Flea and Loesha would come back soon so we had to go. 

Standing in front of my car I banged my head against my head. "Shit.. I can't drive anymore.. after all the wine", I said.

"Don't worry. I'll call us a taxi", John said. 

"To where?"

"Your place or mine?", he asked and winked.

I smirked at his words. "Mine. I've got some stuff at home I need for work."

He raised his eyebrows. "You're working? I thought you had time off 'til the next semester?", he asked and sounded disappointed.

I told him about my work at the movie set and about how I had to get up at 5.30 every morning and he nodded.

"Well.. then.. I guess you won't take my invitation to fly back with me and stay for a couple of weeks?", he asked.

My mouth stood open. Did he really just ask that?

"Wha-.. what about that no girlfriend rule though?"

"Tony and Chad have girls around all the time. If I take you with me for a couple of weeks it won't be too much of a problem", he said and shrugged shyly.

The squeaking wheels of the taxi John had ordered put our conversation to an early end. As if we hadn't noticed, the dude started honking. "We should get in", I said and he rushed to open the door for me. I smiled abashedly and took seat.

There was no time to proceed where we stopped. We were fearing for our lives. "I think he's speeding just a little", I whispered into John's ear while I eyed the driver and clawed my nails into the seatbelt.

"Dude, get her home safe. I've heard there's funny people hanging around in this area", the taxi driver told John as he dropped us out at my place. "Sure, thanks for the ride, man", he said and gave him 30 bucks.

"He's telling me to get you home safe?", John asked me as he slammed the door shut and took my hand. I started chuckling. "There's funny dudes around here, you know?", I said and locked my fingers with his.

He walked me to my apartment and I unlocked the door. I held it open and smiled to him. He smiled back and put his hands in his pockets and an eager look on his face. "Thank you for taking me home. It was a really beautiful evening, John. I'm glad you took the courage."

"It was worth it", he said, took my hand and stroked it.

"So.. here we are.. and it's late", I stumbled.

"Yup.. it is. I.. I think I'm gonna go?", he said and emphasized the last word.

"Yeah?"

He looked to me and I looked back. We were standing there as if we just had our very first date and nobody had ever told us how to behave on such occasions. I sure as hell didn't know how to act. I knew I had to get some rest for work. And it would be a bad idea to invite him in. But do I always have to be so prudent? Why couldn't he decide that for me?

"So.. I'll just go then", he said and the thrill from before showered off me.

I pecked his cheek and looked away quickly to not show my disappointment and hid my face behind the door.

"Um.. Kay?", he asked and my head shot back.

"Yeah?"

"Can I call a taxi from your phone? I think that guy rode off and I'm not sure if I'd want to sit in his car again."

"Sure", I said and nodded slowly.

And that's what he did. He went inside. He took the phone. He dialed and put it to his ear while looking down at his feet. It was so quiet. I could hear the dialing tone. It was pounding in my ear.

Beep. He looked up and looked to me blankly. The phone fell to the ground. He had hung up.

I swallowed hard and looked to where the phone fell down. Then back up to him. He slowly walked up to me and took my face into his hands and fixed my eyes. "You're so beautiful", he whispered.

I was confused. "Thank you", I managed to whisper.

"Kaya?", he asked and lowered his head so his hazel eyes were on a level with mine.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really want me to leave?"

"I never wanted you to leave", I breathed.