Part Thirty-Five: Boozy

I was so crushed about what had just happened, but I didn't want to ruin Chris' birthday, so I decided to suck it up.

I wasn't even confiding Lara. I just enjoyed her company and that I wasn't being alone now. We were getting ready for the party together. I let her pick out things to wear for me since I lost a bet weeks ago.. well I couldn't even remember it.. but tell that to Lara.

I know she'd be challenging me with that outfit. And she did give her best. She almost vanished into her wardrobe and scurred around in there for ages. "Now close your eyes", she said while giggling along. "Ugh Lara pleaaasse." "Do as I tell you or you'll wear my Leo jumpsuit tonight", she warned me. I sighed and covered my eyes with my hands.

I felt her standing right before me now. When she told me to open my eyes, I first looked into hers. They were glistening. Then I examined carefully what she picked out for me. A tight black dress, fishnets, red pumps and a red handbag. "You'll also wear red lipstick with this", she said firmly.

Whoa. I was open-mouthed. I barely ever wore dresses. Skirts sometimes.. but dresses? And pumps? "What the fuck Lara. I'll look like a total idiot. And I can't even walk in pumps. Can't I at least wear my boots? Please? I'll let you do my makeup then." She thought for a while. "Hmmm okaaay." I sighed in relief. And for that red handbag.. I'll solve that problem later.

Lara vanished and came back with her make up bag. She was being serious. Dark red lips. Dramatic eyeliner and black lashes. "Wohoo. You look absolutely vamp, girl. The boys will go maaaad for sure." I rolled my eyes. "This is what I want, totally."

I put on the fishnets, the black dress, the boots and let my hair fall down. One look in the mirror.. this was totally not Kaya. L stood behind me now. "This is Kayampire", she shouted out in glee. "Hey shut up. Stop with these fucking names for fucks sake", I laughed.

Lara and me went to Chris' house early. I wanted to hand him my gift before the guests would come. He took me into a big hug and was so happy about the comic books. And seeing him happy made me happy, too.

I had almost forgotten about my outfit when the Chilis arrived. Me and Lara were still standing in the hallway. The guys circling around Chris to congratulate him. But they quickly turned their heads as Lara screamed. "Guys, take a look at this hot chick", she pointed to me. I hit her in the arm. As if I didn't feel uncomfortable already. I could see their eyes resting on me. Especially Johns. He stood there glued to the spot.

"Hey sexy", Flea said as he came up to me. I threw my hands up in defense. "Lara made me do it." "Tell her she did good", he grinned. The others slowly approached us aswell.

John was standing next to me now. "You look different", he said. "Oh. You don't say?" "Well, at least you're wearing your boots, so I can tell you're not sick", he smirked. I hit him hard. "You bastard", I laughed.

"Sorry, you look fucking stunning actually. Everyone's got their eyes on you, y'know?", he said with soft eyes. "Yeah, sounds better", I grinned. "I guess I'll have to find someone to make out with so I got an excuse to get rid of this lipstick." "I volunteer", John smirked. "Ha, funny", I said. "Well, you know where to find me." I nodded. "Now let's stop this and go get drinks. Anything that distracts me from my little outfit here is welcome", I said and looked down on my dress.

In the kitchen, John pulled out a bottle of vodka and two glasses. "That red lipstick makes you look kinda russian. See how much of a Babushka's in you", John said and placed the bottle on the desk. "You'd be impressed", I smiled. He filled up the glasses with pure Vodka. "I dare you to drink this out or you'll have to let me kiss off your lipstick", he grinned. "Challenge accepted", I said, grabbed the glass and poured it down slowly. Fuck man, this was burning my throat. But I wasn't gonna let him win. I banged the empty glass back on the desk. John raised one eyebrow. "Not bad, half Russian, half American I'd say." I laughed. "Wait and see." I shoved his glass in his direction. "I dare you to drink this out or you'll have to french kiss...hmm.. let's see.. Flea! And I wanna see tongues", I grinned. "You're pure evil, Kaya", John laughed and picked up the glass. He finished and put it back down. "Heyyy.. you loose! I can see there's at least one sip left!" "Hell no! That's unfair, you Russian beast!" "I dared you! Now go kiss Flea!", I insisted.

Flea was already drunk or stoned or whatever and didn't seem to mind. "Come here, Johnny-Boy. Kissy kissy", he said and pursed his lips. John looked to Flea, looked back to me and shook his head. "Nah, I can't do this, seriously. Flea's gross, dude." "Joooohhnn. Don't you say that", Flea pouted. "I dared you", I reminded John. "Let's just get over with this. You'll enjoy, promise", Flea laughed. John threw his arms up. "Okkayy. What else should I do."

There was a group of people watching and cheering by now. Flea crossed his arms on his back and leaned in, making kissy faces. Everybody started bawling and John finally set in to kiss him. I couldn't believe he really did this. After a small peck, he backed off and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his flannel. "Ohh Johnny, you're such a good kisser, aren't you?", Flea said in his lady voice. "Yeah whatever dickhead", he said and they both laughed. I went up to John and rested my arm on his shoulder. "Well John, that looked really passionate." He smirked. "I must've been thinking of you then." "Oh shut up."

Flea took us aside. "Let's have some drinks guys. I can feel the good times roll." We followed him into the kitchen and I felt the Vodka kick in. I turned to John. "Fuuuuck. I don't know if I can drink much more." He put his arm around me and smiled. "Relax Kayaki." I kicked his leg. "Son of a bitch. Did Lara teach you that name?" "Yup, and I think it's pretty cool. Kayaki. Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?" "Nevermind. Flea!! I need Vodka. Pronto!", I screamed. "Yes ma'am." Flea, John and me had three shots of Vodka in a row and started to dance the Polka in the kitchen. Because that's what John said a true Russian would do now. We almost fell and with us millions of bottles on the table but we just laughed like crazy. I didn't spend one thought on Lee.

Later, Flea left and me and John were alone in the kitchen. We sat down on the kitchen floor, leaning on a cupboard. The people coming by and getting drinks every now and then didn't bother us.

After a while, I felt pretty sentimental. John looked to me. "Kayaki, what's the matter? You're looking all down." That was the final straw, I just couldn't suppress my feelings all night. I began to cry heavily which seemed to confuse John immensely. After a few moments he just put his arm around me and stroked the back of my head that was now resting on his chest.

I looked up to him with tears in my eyes. "Lee broke up with me." John knitted his eyebrows in anger. "What the fuck is wrong with this guy? Why would he break up with a girl like you?" I sobbed into his flannel. "I don't know", I lied. Of course I knew why but my mind was too muzzy. "Dickhead", John murmured. I startled. "Me?" "No.. Lee of course." "He is", I said.

John placed his hand on my cheek. My face was still resting on his chest. He gently moved it towards him and wiped away my tears softly. I carefully watched him doing it. He looked extremely caring. I've never seen such a look on Lee's face. He still held mine in his hands when he noticed me watching him. We looked each other in the eyes. He moved closer to me. Looked at my lips and then back into my eyes. I was getting weak. I wanted him to kiss me so bad.

We startled up from the noise of a glass falling on the floor. It was Flea. "Shiiitt.. I didn't want to interrupt this. Sorry sorry sorry.. I'll just leave now.. proceed.. proceed. Go ahead!"

I pulled my legs to my body and wrapped my arms around them. "We can't do this", I quietly said and got up to take another shot of Vodka. And another. And another. "Kaya.. Stop this.. what are you doing? You're drunk already." He got up and took the bottle out of my hand. I hit him in the chest. "Don't you do this!" He walked away from me and as I wanted to follow, I slipped on Fleas' spilt drink. John turned around quickly and catched me. "That's it, Kaya. I'm taking you home now."

The taxi ride was rough. I felt like everything around me was spinning. I thanked god as the driver pulled over at mine. John got out, too and helped me to the door. He fished out the key of my purse and let us in. He led me to the couch and left me there. "I'll just go out for a sec and smoke. Be right back, okay?", he said.

From there on, everything was blurry. I remember I felt extremely aroused all of a sudden. John came back and looked changed to me. His eyes were blank. But I still felt drawn to him. I grabbed him by the collar, pulled him close and whispered in his ear.. "I want you...now."