Chapter 33: A Battle Between Lovers

"Stand down, Axle!" Carly yelled. "No, this world is going to be set a blaze and nobody is going to stop me." Eight Thirty Three growled with red glowing eyes.

"Don't do this, Axle, Wyatt already died, don't bury yourself deeper in the darkness like this."

"The darkness is all I have left." He said before they rushed in to attack each other.
_________________________________________

2 minutes ago

Carly had just woken up from her transformation. She died and was resurrected as a CyberHuman and she didn't wake up to the most pleasant sight. She saw Wyatt dying. She got off of her bed and rushed to her side.

"Wyatt!! Oh my god what happened?" She cried out. "Eight Thirty Three happened." Laura said in a depressed tone. "Plasma spear. We managed to save you with the Cyber-serum but we couldn't save him. The plasma energy is stopping the nanobots from healing him." The girl explained.

"Carly." Wyatt called out in his weak dying voice. "Yeah, Wyatt? What is it?" Carly asked.
_________________________________________

Listen, the road out there is gonna be tough.

Carly ran in to punch Eight Thirty Three but he skillfully dodged and countered with a knee to the gut sending her back a few meters.

You're gonna be left with tough choices.

Carly got up to see Axle running after her with a plasma blade formed in his hand. He swung it around trying to hit Carly but she kept dodging him, doing her best to stay out of his reach.

Things aren't gonna be easy for you, Carly.

She formed her own plasma blade to block his attacks and lead on an offensive maneuver.

Growing up was tough for you, I get it.

She slashed away, piercing through his armor as she hit his chest. He growled before grabbing her arm and tossing her to the nearest wall.

I'm just glad I got to see you become a mother. I'm sure your parents would be proud.

She got up, groaning in pain. She wasn't giving up. Giving up meant dying and she had people waiting for her to come back.

I've seen it. You're a great mom. Kara is yours isn't she? She has your smile.

She formed a plasma whip to keep Axle away from her. She kept whipping around to get some distance which deemed to be working.

I know that you still love Axle, but you've seen it yourself. He's gone too far in the deep end.

Tears formed in her eyes as she kept moving around, trying to keep Axle away. She didn't want to fight him but it was either him or the world.

Missile launch has been activated. Countdown in T minus three minutes.

She was on a clock now. She had to stop him quickly.

As the one who loves him the most you're gonna have to make a choice.

She used the whip to grab his arm and pull him closer to her. While he was still in the air Carly used all her strength to punch him directly in the face. The force of that punch sent the insane CyberHuman off into a distance and Carly gave chase.

Will you be able to bring him back and keep him here? If you can't, are you willing to end his life?

The whip changed shape and became a sword once more. Axle got up enraged. His body was covered in plasma energy.

"You're dead, Eight Thirty One!!! I'll kill you right here and right now!!!" He yelled before charging at her head on.

Being an adult means making the tough call. Kara shouldn't know about Axle like this so you're gonna have to stop him. She already bonded with him. Don't let him break that bond.

"Die you waste of space!!!" Eight Thirty Three yelled as he punched Carly square in the face, seeming unfazed by the cut made by her blade.

Carly didn't budge. Her body was soon covered in blue plasma energy. She looked at Axle with teary eyes.

"What's wrong, Eight Thirty One? This fight a little too emotional for you?" He taunted, trying to make her feel worse.

What are you gonna do when the time comes?

"I choose Kara. I may love you Axle, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make sure she stays safe." Carly said as the tears flowed out of her eyes.

"If I'm gonna save the world and the Axle I know, then I'm gonna have to kill the Axle that stands in front of me!!" Eight Thirty One yelled before the two locked their hands together, trying to overpower each other.

"Good luck trying bitch!! You'll die before that will ever happen."

Missile launch countdown in T minus two minutes.

"Hear that? It's the countdown to the end of the world!!! Nothing's stopping this from happening!!" He said with a psychotic grin. Carly was losing the power struggle.

Fear, rage, anxiety and pain filled her soul as she watched as Axle was losing himself faster than she could save him. I'm sorry, Axle. I promised myself I'd stop you from killing yourself. I hope you forgive me. She thought as the tears kept coming out.

"You're losing, Eight Thirty One, and you know why? You're too weak!!"

"No, I'm not weak. I have people by my side." Carly told Eight Thirty Three in disagreement. Eight Thirty Three looked at her with a hint of confusion.

"What are you talking about?" "It's simple because that's your greatest weakness. You're all alone Eight Thirty Three." She said before he got hit in the back by a plasma beam. He looked behind to see Laura with her eyes glowing red.

"You insubordinate little bitch!!" He growled before Carly sweeped him off from his feet before pinning him down. "And that's why you'll lose."

"Think again!!" He yelled as he grabbed her leg and threw her off of him. The plasma energy around him started to increase and grow unstable.

"If you want me dead so bad, I'll be happy to go, but I'm taking you all with me first." He said before he started laughing maniacally.

"Carly, get away from him!! He's gone nuclear. He's gonna blow us up along with the base!!" Laura yelled out. Eight Thirty Three was planning a kamikaze to take out his enemies.

Before he could build up more power he yelled before clutching his head in pain.

"No, not you. I got rid of you!!" He yelled. "Get out get out get out!!!"

While Eight Thirty Three seemed to be having a mental breakdown, Carly was shocked. She knew that the missiles would destroy the surface making it uninhabitable for humans but now Axle turning himself into a nuke meant that Kara wasn't safe at all. Fear for losing her daughter was the only thing that played on her mind.