Chapter 7: Meet Kara

It's been a while. Things have been quite boring and quiet during this Christmas eve. Wyatt didn't even receive a call from the government at all. Maybe they chose to listen, maybe they chose not to. Who really knew? Whatever happened, his thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell.

"Eddie, can you get that my hands are tied making dinner!!" Juliette asked of her son from the kitchen. Erin was asleep so he was the only one who Juliette could think to call.

The teenager moved sluggishly toward the front door before opening it. Upon opening the front door, he was met with a person that he hasn't seen for nearly three years. The face of this individual was different but she gave off the same aura.

"Carly?" Eddie asked in disbelief. "It's me Eddie, and please... call me Carla." Carla smiled as she looked at the boy she once considered her little brother.

"Momma, who's that?" Kara asked as she hid behind her mother's leg. She might have been playful with her mother but she didn't take well with strangers seeing that she hasn't seen another person other than her mother.

"Kara, meet your uncle Eddie." Carla said as the tiny girl took a peek at the seventeen year old male.

"Woah, Carly--- Carla, you have a kid?" Eddie asked in shock. "Eddie, who's at the door?" Juliette asked as she came out of the kitchen. She took a look at the woman and noticed that there was a certain look in her eyes. The smile that complimented those eyes, she immediately knew who was standing at the doorway. Before anyone knew it she was hugging the CyberHuman tightly.

"Nice to see you again, Juliette." Carla said as she hugged her foster mother back.

Because of Juliette rushing in Kara took a few steps back away from behind her mother. "Oh you must be the little girl." Juliette cooed as she took a look at Kara.

Carla looked back to see her terrified daughter before picking her up. "It's okay honey, you don't have to be shy." Juliette was left in complete and total awe as she watched how Carla calmed her daughter with her soothing voice.

"It's okay, here's your grandma." Carla told Kara who was eyeing Juliette carefully. Juliette felt happy as Carla referred to her as her mother and to her as her daughter's grandmother.

Erin and Wyatt walked in to find Carla and Kara. "Woah, is that you, Carly?" Erin asked in just as much shock as the rest of her family members. Carla just nodded before Wyatt said, "Welcome back home, kiddo."

"It's good to be back. Now guys, I'd like to introduce you all to the newest member of this family... Meet Kara Evans, my daughter and the most important thing in my life."

She put Kara down before saying with a gentle voice, "Say hi, Kara."

"H-h-he-hel-hello." She greeted.