Chapter 22: The King's Judgement

Carla sat down on the chair. She was broken. It wasn't the torture that did this, no. It was her knowledge. She heard Laura's voice and Eight Thirty Five referred to her as Eight Thirty Four. She left her daughter with that girl. She left Kara with a CyberHuman.

It wasn't that only, since she left Kara with a CyberHuman, that meant that she also left Kara with Umbrachrono. She was scared. The thing that broke her was the thoughts of what those people were doing to her precious baby.

"Hello?!" A voice called out. "Anyone in here?!!" She knew who that was.

"Wyatt?!!" Carla called out. The footsteps became frequent and louder. "Wyatt, I'm in here!!" The door busted open.

"Carly!! Shit, what happened to you?!" He yelled as he freed her from her restraints. "Eight Thirty Five happened. He tortured me and this is the results. He's gonna come back." The CyberHuman told him.

"Dammit!" He cursed. His presence was confusing. "Wait, what are you doing here? What about the raid?" She asked.

"It was a trap. Everyone died. The King made me survive and he told me to meet him at Axle's old house."

"Dammit. So much for their oath to protect me." Carla muttered as she began to walk. "What oath?"

"I met the King after Kara's first birthday. He made an offer for me to join his group, Umbrachrono, but I refused. He told me that the offer would forever stand and that he'd make sure me and Kara were safe. So far I'm believing that's bullshit since his subordinates captured and tortured me." Carla explained to Wyatt.

"Sorry I couldn't make it in time." Wyatt apologised. "Don't be, you got me out of that damned chair. Now let's go. They have Kara."

"How do they have Kara?" Wyatt was confused.

"That girl I asked to keep Kara safe was a CyberHuman working for Umbrachrono. Eight Thirty Four. Those assholes have my daughter and considering what they did to me, who knows what's happening to her."

"Then let's go. First stop, although it's most likely a trap, Axle's old house." Wyatt said before he and Carly left the place.
_________________________________________

Eight Thirty Three was at Axle's old house, well the ruins of it, and he was waiting there with an unconscious Eight Thirty Five. He looked in the distance to see two figures. "They're here." He said to himself.

"Wyatt Green, Carla Evans... nice to see you both." He said as the two stopped five meters in front of him.

"Where is she?" Carla growled. "If you're talking about Kara, she's safe. In fact, she was having a tea party with Eight Thirty Four before I left."

He then projected live footage of Kara having fun with Laura. "She might be a CyberHuman but she's still a young girl. I have to let her have some fun by letting her feel like a big sister to some little kid."

The two still glared at him.

"Look, I assure you she's safe. I'm not going to pull a fast one on you like that."

"Why'd you kill them?" Wyatt asked. "Those people deserved death. I wasn't going to let you die with them. And Carla, I apologise greatly for what happened to you. Had I known that he'd gone rogue, I would've killed him before this mission even started."

"So?" Carla asked. "I'm giving you a choice. You can choose who gets to kill him." He said as they looked quickly at the knocked out Eight Thirty Five.

"You can kill the guy who disarmed you and got rid of your eye, or you can let me kill him for disobeying a direct order... I already killed Eight Thirty Nine, so this is going to be your choice."

"You can kill him. Make it as painful as possible." Carla said as she glared at the CyberHuman that tortured her.

"I knew you'd say that, Carly." He said before waking up his rebellious subordinate.

"You're services are no longer required, Eight Five." Eight Thirty Three said before pressing a button. Eight Thirty Five began screaming as he was slowly being destroyed at a cellular level.

His body started turning to dust and disappearing as if Thanos snapped him out of existence.

"Good riddance." Carla said.

"If you'll come with me, I'll repair the damage done on to you Carly."

"Don't call me that." She glared. "Only those who are close to me can call me that."

"Oh we're close, closer than you know. So what do you say?"

"Fine. But I wanna see my daughter." Carla said before Eight Thirty Three agreed.