26

SQUIRRELHAN is calling...

to say i was nervous would be an understatement. i accepted the call and waited for my shit wifi to connect us.

it was silent on the other line and then i heard him laugh a bit. my heart was practically thumping in my chest by now. i was actually convinced that he could probably hear it.

"hey," he finally said and for some unknown reason, a giggle came out of me.

"um, hi," i said and another giggle came out. i wanted to face palm at how awkward i was being.

"how are you? this isn't weird, is it?" he asked rather quickly.

"i'm good, and no it's not weird."

he let out a small laugh. "okay. good."

i hummed. "how are you?"

"i'm good. kind of tired."

"you should rest. you need it."

"ahh, i will soon. i wanted to talk to you first."

"oh." my cheeks were burning by now. "what time is it there?"

"a little after midnight," he answered.

"jisung," i practically whined. "you need to sleep."

"i will soon baby," he said and i immediately made an inhuman noise at the pet name. he laughed. "what was that?"

"i honestly have no idea," i replied. "but seriously though. you need to sleep, jisung. you have to take care of yourself."

"i know," he said with a sigh. "just a little longer. i wanna talk to you."

"okay," i said giving in to him. "fine. what do you wanna talk about?"

"anything and everything," he replied. "how's your day been?"

"it's been okay. a little boring," i said. "i haven't been working a lot lately. which sucks. because me and elisia are trying to save up for kcon this year."

"really?" he asked. "i didn't tell you this, but there's a possible chance we'll be going again this year."

"that'd be cool. you guys seemed like you had a really good time last year."

"we did," he said. "it was amazing." he paused. "i'd like to meet you ashton."

"agh, what?" i mentally panicked.

"i want to meet you. well, we all kind of do. you and elisia."

"oh god. when she hears that, she's gonna lose her shit." i paused and subconsciously made a face. "what do you mean by all?"

"like, all of us. me and the boys," he explained and i ran my hand over my face. "i mean, it's totally if you guys want to."

"well, hell yeah," i said. "i could die happily if i met you guys."

"i want to tell you something."

"uhh, okay. what is it?"

"i know i said it earlier, but i like you. like, a lot. from the very beginning, you intrigued me with your sassy remarks and...i don't know. it was just you in all. and all i wanted to do is get to know you more.

he continued. "and i really got to know you. you're smart and beautiful. and i love your goofy personality. and you have such a big heart and you care about so much. talking to you just makes me smile, it makes me happy. i'm thankful to have you in my life."

i had no words. i was completely speechless. "jisung...i don't know what to say. do you really mean it?"

"i do," he said. "i really, really like you and i'm sorry i get so jealous sometimes. it's just that chan is a really good looking guy and he's got the accent and.."

i cut him off. "jisung, stop. i don't care about any of that. i only like you."

"that's a relief," he said with a sigh. "i should probably get to bed though. it's almost one."

"ah, jisung!" i groaned. "what am i gonna do with you? go to bed."

"i like hearing you say my name," he mumbled but i heard him. if my face could get any redder, i'm sure it would. "i'm gonna go now, baby. i'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"yeah, sure," i said and a small giggle came out.

"bye beautiful," he said and after i said bye to him, he hung up.

i locked my phone and laid back on my bed, stretching my limbs out comfortably. a huge smile grew intro my face subconsciously before i squealed like the fangirl i am.