Chapter 16

Lauren pulled into Camila's driveway, the sound of gravel crunching under the tires sounded through the still night. She wanted to surprise her girlfriend since her shift was over and seeing that a few lights were on in the house was a good sign that Camila was still awake. Lauren turned off the engine and stepped out of the car quickly feeling chills running up and down her bare arms as the cool breeze hit her skin. She excitedly jogged up the couple steps to the front door and rang the doorbell.

After waiting a few seconds she heard footsteps approaching the door. "I don't want to hear more about Jesus go away," Dinah shooed teasingly when she saw Lauren standing on the porch.

Lauren laughed and stepped inside when Dinah opened the door for her,"is Camila here?"

Dinah's smile fell and she sighed leaning against the wall,"she's out tonight, I'm watching Sofi for her until she gets back."

Lauren exhaled loudly and sat down on the nearby couch,"why didn't she tell me?"

"She only found out about it earlier today and...she didn't want you to worry," Dinah explained sitting next to Lauren.

"Where's it at tonight?" Lauren asked bringing her head out of her hands.

"Lauren, you know she wouldn't want you to know," Dinah said and rubbed the brunette's shoulder comfortingly. "Because then you'd go and try to find her and she doesn't want you near any of that Laur. Remember the big 'I don't want you to get hurt' fiasco."

"Of course I do, it was like a week ago Dinah," Lauren chuckled lightly. "I just...please tell me. I just want to know that she's okay."

"So do I Lauren but we can't always just go and try to rescue her from her life. It doesn't work that way and I'm pretty sure we both know that." Dinah expressed her thoughts that had been building up for awhile, she couldn't exactly talk about Camila to Camila.

"This is so frustrating," Lauren groaned falling back onto the couch.

"You get used to it," Dinah replied sadly.

"I just want to protect her Dinah." Lauren sighed simply. "I think I'm in love with her," she added almost hysterically. Dinah turned around to face the green eyed girl, now intrigued on the change of topic. "I know it's kinda ridiculous to say since I haven't known her long, but she just has this affect on me. I can't help but smile around her, I want to spend every waking moment with her it's unbelievable. I want make her feel safe so she never has to shed another tear unless it's from laughing too hard. I want to give her everything she deserves because she is such an incredible person. She's so beautiful too..." Lauren drifted off, thinking about the big brown eyes she had lost herself in earlier, and the warmth that came with them. And the precious smile that she adored, it wasn't perfect but Lauren thought it was amazing. That's how Lauren felt about the girl as a whole, she had some flaws but she was still goddamn perfection in Lauren eyes.

"Lauren?" Dinah asked, a big smile plastered on her face after hearing the girl next to her talk with such admiration about her best friend. "You kinda drifted off there."

Lauren's cheeks flushed a light pink,"sorry I was just thinking..."

"Don't apologize." Dinah reassured with a wave of her hand. "Camila's deserved someone like you for a long time, you're good for her. She hasn't been this happy in a long time."

"What was she like before she met me?" Lauren asked out of curiosity.

"She was just, less herself. She used to be more open, goofy, her eyes and smile were brighter, she was just more alive before her parents passed. And you're bringing that life back into her more and more everyday."