Chapter 12

"Morning Sofi," Camila yawned walking into the kitchen. The brown eyed girl couldn't stop the smile that made its way onto her face when she thought about the previous night. That's the main reason she was able to drag herself out of bed instead of hitting the snooze button on her alarm clock. Right now the thing she wanted most was to see Lauren.

"Why are you all smiley?" Sofia asked giggling at the small smile planted on her older sisters face.

"I'm just happy," Camila shrugged grabbing a box of Fruit Loops. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I had this weird dream though," Sofia said eating a spoonful of her own cereal.

Camila hummed and poured milk into her bowl,"what was it about?" She took her cereal and say next to the younger girl at their kitchen table.

"I was in jail-"

"For what?" Camila laughed before taking a bite of her breakfast.

"I'm getting there! Don't interrupt me," Sofia whined hitting Camila's arm lightly.

"You're sass is so real," Camila said under her breath eating more of the fruity cereal.

"So," the younger one started making sure Camila wouldn't interrupt her again. "I bit this boy Joey in my class and they put me in jail. He took my box of cookies though so I think he deserved it. I don't remember a lot though but it was just weird."

Camila just smiled and nodded through Sofia's very small explanation. "Well I think he deserved it too, just try not to bite people in real life Sofi. I don't want to get a call saying your in prison."

"You can't go to jail for biting people," Sofia said knowingly.

"Yeah you can," Camila responded peacefully eating her cereal.

"I don't believe you," Sofia retorted crossing her arms.

"It happens to dogs. They bite people, they go to the pound. So why shouldn't the same go for humans," the older sister shrugged again. "This is a wonderful morning conversation, very riveting."

Sofia uncrossed her arms and looked at Camila with a confused face. "What does riv-et-ing mean," she sounded out.

"It means like...it keeps your attention or it's interesting." Camila tried to explain using lower level vocabulary that the six year old would understand.

"Oh," Sofia murmured returning her attention to her almost empty bowl.

"Yeah, you can tell your teacher that you learned a new word today," Camila said rubbing her sisters shoulder lovingly. "I have to get dressed for school," she added planting a kiss on Sofia's head. Camila put her bowl in the sink and walked back to her room.

She opened up her closet and picked out an old red Chicago sweatshirt and some blue skinny jeans. After slipping them onto her body she made her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth. "Bye Kaki!" She heard Sofia yell from the front door.

"Bye Shofi," she called out with the minty foam in her mouth. She spit into the sink and rinsed with some mouth wash. After that she applied whatever concealer she could find in her drawers onto her face so it didn't look like her face got pummeled into the ground. Camila grabbed her hairbrush and sifted through her hair to get out any of the knots. She heard her phone ring from the other room, setting down the brush she went to grab the phone off of her bed. "Hello?"

"Good morning Camz," Lauren's bashful voice erupted through the speaker.

"Hi Lauren," Camila laughed. "I'd love to talk but I'm gonna be late for my bus if I don't leave in a second." She rushed grabbing her backpack and pushing some of her books inside.