Chapter 17

Camila's jaw dropped as Lauren's words echoed in her head. "You're kidding right?" She broke into a smile and laughed nervously

"No...I'm not," Lauren replied shyly. She wouldn't admit it but she was kind of scared of what Camila would do next.

The fighter's face contorted into a grimace, her jaw clenched and her eyebrows narrowed. "I am going to kill him," she mumbled and started for the door. Lauren quickly wrapped her arms around Camila's waist as right as she could so she wouldn't leave the room.

"Babe stop." Lauren said loudly to attempt to get Camila out of her angry haze. The younger girl just tried harder to get out of Lauren's grip,"Camila!"

Once she stopped struggling Lauren released her slowly,"we can get through this,"she whispered looking into teary brown eyes.

"I know," Camila croaked,"I j-just don't want anything to happen I you."

"I feel the same way about you," Lauren agreed cupping Camila's cheek and wiping away a stray tear. "And knowing how great of a fighter you are, I won't get hurt if you're my teacher." Camila nodded into her palm and sniffed,"so we're gonna get through this, together."

"Mmhmm,"the shorter girl hummed and closed her eyes, trying to relax. "I'm so tired of this, I just want to get out of here."

"Let's go then," Lauren said grabbing Camila's gym bag and intwining their fingers. She pushed open the heavy bathroom door and they maneuvered through the crowd, up the stairs, and out the bar. "Are you gonna be okay?" She asked stopping in front of Camila's car.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," Camila nodded leaning back on the car door.

Lauren noticed the small bruise forming on Camila's cheek and brushed her thumb over it lightly. A small gash took its place above Camila's eyebrow, a burn from someone's course tape wrapped around their fists. "Can I stay with you tonight?"

"Tomorrow's Friday though," Camila said confused.

"And your point is?" Lauren pressed smiling.

"We have school." She rarely even slept over with Dinah on school nights, her parents old rule stuck with her.

"Camz, I just want to know you're okay, and the best way I can do that is hold you in my arms." She leaned forward and kissed Camila softly.

"I guess I can't argue with that," Camila but her lip to hide her face eating grin.

"Alright, I'll follow you home," Lauren confirmed jogging to her car.

"That doesn't sound creepy at all," Camila called out smiling to herself.

***

Camila opened the front door and dropped her bag next to Lauren's feet. "We have to be quiet, Sofi's sleeping."

Lauren hummed in response and kissed her girlfriend's slightly bruised knuckles. "You should get cleaned up," she said wiping away blood from the cut on Camila's face.

"Yeah, I feel kinda gross," Camila scrunched up her nose.

"Do you have anything to put on this cut," Lauren asked pointing at her forehead.

"Yup," Camila replied walking towards the bathroom. Lauren followed her and watched her dig through a few drawers until she pulled out a little tube of Neosporin and cotton balls.

She started wetting the cotton balls when Lauren stopped her,"let me do it." When Camila looked at her funny she explained,"I want to take care of you, plus I feel awkward just standing here."

Camila shrugged and hopped up onto the counter. "Dinah usually does this if I see her after a fight," she mused tapping the sink top.

"Well now I get to be your doctor," Lauren smiled and dabbed the cotton ball on the small wound. Camila flinched and Lauren giggled,"maybe I shouldn't be a doctor."