Chapter 13

"That was quite a show you put on in there." Ally giggled pointing to the monitor projecting different parts of the arena. Camila stood behind Lauren fuming, she was going to murder her best friend.

"Hey Chancho, what's up?" Dinah asked nonchalantly smiling nervously.

"I am going to kill you!" Camila yelled lurching at Dinah but Lauren was quick enough to catch her and hold her back.

"She's a little angry," Lauren chuckled at the squirming girl in her arms.

Dinah used Sofia as a human shield and pleaded,"I'm sorry!"

Camila took a deep breath and held her arms up in defeat,"I'm good, I'm chill now. You can put me down," she requested, Lauren did as told. "You better watch your back Dinah Jane," Camila finally smiled and enjoyed the humor of the situation. "I'm coming for you."

"I was just stopping you guys before you did something that would scar Sofia for the rest of her life." Dinah said in her defense holding Sofia in her arms.

"She did it for the sake of the kids Camz," Lauren shrugged. "Theres plenty of time for me to kiss you anyways," she finished whispering in Camila's ear.

"What are we going to do next?" Sofia asked Dinah.

"I say we drive some go carts," Dinah said louder so everyone else could hear.

The walk outside to the track was short and quiet, burnt out from their previous rendezvous of laser tag. Lauren and Camila continued to hold hands affectionately as Dinah and Ally agreed to swing Sofia in between them. The odd pairing's friendship had blossomed very quickly, making fun of their friends together was the perfect bonding experience. Once they reached the track outlined in tires they all paid for their tickets, Camila paying for herself and Sofia.

While waiting in the line that consisted of only the five girls Lauren asked,"Sofi, do you want to ride with me?" She wanted to show Camila that she could get along with Sofia.

Sofia put on an impressive fake thinking face,"I don't know..."

Lauren smiled and kneeled down to the younger Cabello's height, releasing Camila's hand. "I'll even let you steer the wheel." She pleaded playfully poking at the younger girls tummy until she flashed a smile. "Pretty please."

"Okay," Sofia nodded. The previous racers exited the gates and the five girls stepped up.

Camila, Dinah, and Ally took their own colored karts while Lauren sat with Sofia on her lap. She fastened the seatbelt and tightened it securely over them before she was interrupted,"miss I'm sorry but she can't sit on your lap," the worker said politely.

Lauren internally groaned, part of her knew she probably wouldn't get away with it but she decided to try and plead. "Come on," she gave the teenage boy her best puppy eyes,"look at these little brown eyes." She nudged the little girl and Sofia instantly pouted her lip and widened her eyes just enough to show off the adorable chocolate brown orbs.

The boy in the black polo shirt looked at the ground, contemplating whether or not to let the attractive girl in front of him do as she wished. He let out a long sigh,"go ahead," he pushed a button on the back of the kart to start the engine.

Lauren high fived the giggling six year old,"nice job, you do that a lot don't you?"

"Yep," Sofia said proudly,"works every time." She placed her small hands on the wheel and Lauren placed her larger ones over them.

From behind Lauren heard Camila laugh,"I think I'm jealous of my six year old sister."

Lauren smiled bashfully,"you should be, I'd take Sofia over you any day."