Chapter 1

Ever since the encounter with the brown eyed beauty in the hallway everything around Lauren reminded her of the girl. Even an empty ripped Doritos bag on the floor made her think,'I wonder if Camila likes Doritos.'

She had become fascinated with Camila since the moment she walked through that English door. Something about the way Camila carried herself, confident yet confined, intrigued Lauren endlessly. Camila gave off the feeling that she could snap your arm in half without even looking at you, but would shy away from a conversation. Normally someone would stray away from another person with these characteristics, then again Lauren wasn't the most normal girl in the world.

"Okay Laur, spill it. Who is she?" Ally asked pulling her Gamestop work shirt over her head.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asked focusing her attention towards adding games into their inventory.

"You haven't stopped blushing or smiling since lunch earlier." Ally explained grabbing a stack of used games to add to the racks.

"I have not," Lauren scoffed,"I'm just...excited for the new releases." She shrugged as she scanned the boxes laid out on the shelf.

"We both know that's a lie," Ally said. "Just tell me about her."

"Fine," Lauren sighed. "Do you happen to know a sophomore named Camila-"

"Camila Cabello?" Ally asked, her eyes widened, Lauren nodded unsurely. "Of course you'd go for the one girl in our whole school that could literally kill you with her eyes."

"Who knows...she could be nice," Lauren shrugged, letting the smug smile creep up on her again. "She's got these brown eyes, they're so cute but so deep. She has a cute nose too! You know what people say about people with cute noses."

"I don't know...that they have a cute nose?" Ally replied sarcastically.

"Exactly," Lauren nodded,"I have a theory of what she sounds like too. Deep, but not too deep, really smooth-"

"You've got it bad Laur," Ally informed shaking her head at her friend's blush.

In the midst of Lauren's stacking she heard the familiar ding of the store's bell. "Hi, how are-shit." There stood the the girl Lauren had been gushing about not even a second ago. Lauren ducked behind the counter as soon as the words left her mouth. "Psst, Ally," Lauren whispered from the corner of the counter,"come here." Ally had no problem leaving the bin of games, she shuffled behind the counter and crouched to meet Lauren's level. "What is she doing here?"

"Well, this is a store..." Ally reasoned taking a quick look over the counter. Camila had taken an interest in the MMA and boxing games the store held. "It's a part of our job to help her Laur, we're the only ones working right now; and you're on cashier duty right now...maybe you can see if your little theory about how she sounds is right."

"Shut. Up." Lauren spit out jokingly hitting her co-workers arm. "Okay, I've got this, go stack some games or something while I work my magic."

"Oh yeah, because your Minecraft buttons are so charming," Ally teased poking the pin on Lauren's shirt.

Lauren suddenly felt self-conscious of her love for the popular game. Ally stood up and walked back to her station on the floor while Lauren finally gained the composure to stand up.

She took in the Camila's appearance, it had changed over the course of a couple hours. The same skinny jeans and Chuck Taylor's held their place; the only thing missing was the oversized hoodie that hung to her mid-thigh and covered her head. Instead she wore an Ed Sheeran crew neck that was more fitting to her body size and let her hair flow freely down her back. 'I didn't take her as an Ed Sheeran type of girl,' she mused smiling to herself. Right now she looked, cute. An adjective Camila wasn't described with often. At the moment it was all Lauren could define the girl as, along with adorable, beautiful, and all of the other synonyms in the dictionary. It wasn't until Lauren realized that Camila was right in front of her that she stopped her staring. 'Crap, do I give her the "did you find everything alright?" speech or just say hey.' Lauren thought, having an internal war with herself. She found herself not saying anything at all when she looked into the brown orbs for the second time that day. Camila had tried to cover up the bruise under her eye with foundation, but failed miserably. The purple and blues protruded through the tan powder with ease. It almost bothered Lauren how she could still look attractive beat up and bruised; but what bothered her more was the fact that someone had done this to Camila. Lauren returned her gaze to the small stack of fighting games, UFC Personal Trainer, Fight Night 3, Supremacy MMA. "You're not getting these to learn how to kick my ass right?" Lauren joked, she found that it was a nice conversation starter.