Chapter 11 Part 1

Adrenalin coursed through Camila's veins making the throbbing in her hand unknown to her. The mirror was shattered into pieces, scattered in the sink and on the floor. Along with a few small shards Camila had to pull out of her hand. She ignored the blood gushing from her fist and grabbed her bag, wiping her eyes a final time before making her way to her car.

"Way to go Cabello," she heard a slurred voice spit in her direction. The teenager scowled and walked faster, opening and slamming the metal door to the building with all of the energy she had left. She sat in the seat of her car and threw her bag in the back. Her frantic hands ran through her hair, the blood not being an issue at the time. She let out a frustrated scream and slammed her hand on the dashboard. Wanting to let her anger out now instead of when she was on the road. Camila stuck the key in the ignition on the third try, her hands shaking too much. She grabbed the white towel from the back and wiped her hand down, the least she could do was not get blood on the console. When her knuckles flexed around the wheel she felt the burning sensation return. It almost felt good, she'd take physical pain over emotional pain anytime. Pulling out of the parking lot she headed home.

Camila feared walking up to the Hansen's door, she knew Dinah would pity her the second she saw the cuts and bruises. Her parents would probably offer her some care to her wounds and Camila would refuse saying she was okay so they wouldn't worry. Sofia was also a big factor, she didn't want her little sister to see her in this condition. This is easily the worst she's ever looked after a competition.

The brown eyed girl took in a deep breath,"I'll go on three," she looked at the door one final time. "1," Camila opened the door,"2," she stepped out of the car,"3," she walked towards the sidewalk. The driveway looked longer than she remembered, it felt like an hour walking up the pavement to the dreaded wooden door. She raised her hand and knocked on the door, cradling her hand after. "God, you're so stupid Camila," she chastised herself. Using her good hand she knocked three times.

Camila heard footsteps approaching the door, the door swung open revealing a shocked Dinah. "Mila, what happened?" She pulled Camila into her house.

"This guy threatened to eat my food, you should see what he looks like," Camila joked trying to play it off like she wasn't aching everywhere.

"Camila. Seriously what happened? I'm sorry but you've never looked this bad," the taller girl took Camila's cut hand in her own. "Tell me while I clean your hand."

"Please Di," Camila pleaded,"I'm fine."

"You're obviously not," Dinah countered leading her to the bathroom. She took the fighter's fragile hand and placed it under the cool running water.

Camila flinched and clenched her free hand into a fist. "It didn't hurt this bad earlier," she squeezed her eyes shut.

"You don't want it to get infected," Dinah crouched and grabbed a black bottle from under the sink.

"No, Dinah if you put that stuff on me our friendship is over," Camila's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her head.

"It's just peroxide," she shrugged,"it won't hurt."

Camila laughed sarcastically,"that's what I tell Sofi."

"Come on, you're acting like a little kid. I'll do a countdown if it makes you feel better." Camila nodded in agreement,"okay 1, 2-"

"Jesus Christ!" Camila hissed out,"you are a horrible friend." She bit down on her lip to try and direct the pain elsewhere.

"I'm actually being a great friend," Dinah tried to hide her laughter at her friend's misery. "Now tell me what's up."