Chapter 10

Camila anticipated the fight all through the school day, filled with both with worry and excitement. Like always. She had to think about the side effects of fighting, like getting hit and dealing with the bruises or what would happen if she had to go to the hospital. On the other hand, landing a few right hooks and kicks on her opponent wouldn't hurt her. She had a lot going on and she would finally be able to release her stress.

During English, she didn't even take notice of Lauren. She focused on making it to her seat without glancing to see if Lauren watched her or smiled at her like usual. Camila didn't know what Ally told her, if she told her anything at all. For all she knew Ally could have twisted her words and actions around and made her seem like a monster. But Camila pushed that thought into the back of her mind, Ally seemed nice enough yesterday for the brief time that they'd talked.

A few classes later Camila dragged herself to lunch, she felt like she was on autopilot. Dinah even had to wave her hand in front of Camila's face a few times at lunch. The 30 minute period was spent mostly in silence. After that the rest of her classes were a blur, she remembered that during Math she fell asleep. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, Camila would take as much sleep as she could get, algebra could wait.

When the bell rang Camila rushed out of the school to her car. She overslept and missed the bus so she had to drive herself in the morning. The brown eyed girl noticed a few guys eyeing the Chevy, she also noticed how they all scattered when they heard her unlock it. She finally got to drive home after sitting through the school's parking lot traffic. Moms, dads, and students honking and sitting in line for minutes just to get out onto the road. Camila didn't mind though, she was starting to dread the night ahead of her. Just the thought of confronting Julius after the previous incident made her stomach drop. She hoped Ed Sheeran's new album would calm her mind.

When Camila got home she walked straight to the couch and laid down. Her body relaxed against the cushions and waited for Sofia. Her sister came through the door a second later.

The two worked on Sofia's homework, simple math problems consisting of adding small two digit numbers. After, Camila made dinner consisting of grilled cheese sandwiches and juice boxes that each of them gladly took. Camila just wanted to make something quick and easy so she could get Sofia over to Dinah's house. The younger sister thanked Camila like she always did and watched one of her random shows while Camila did the dishes.

An hour later Camila walked Sofia over to Dinah's house. Her Polynesian friend along with her family took the smaller Cabello happily. Dinah gave Camila a quick hug and told her to be safe and kick butt.

Camila walked home slowly on purpose, breathing in the cool Miami air. She opened the door and walked to her room and immediately started procrastinating. Instead of getting all of her things together she sat on her bed and pulled her laptop into her lap. Opening tumblr up in hope that the land on funny text posts and inspiring quotes would brighten her current mood. It's hard to be excited when you could be getting your ass kicked in a couple hours. She typed a quick post on her page after she'd seen that 45 minutes had gone by.

Waakeme-up: Wish me luck.

Almost a second later she saw a message responding to her post.

Ssweet-dispositionn: good luck.

Camila smiled and made a note to thank the other tumblr user tomorrow. After another few minutes of trying to procrastinate she got up. The brown eyed girl grabbed a black nike sports bra and some white nike pros. Comfortable and flexible. Then she grabbed the essentials, hand wraps, mouth guard, water bottles, a towel, and a few cotton balls to clean any cuts. Once her shoes were laced up she headed out.