Chapter 11 Part 2

"You know if my sister wakes up she's going to freak?" Camila pointed out while Lauren started her car.

"I'll have you back in time don't worry, just relax," Lauren reassured pulling out onto the deserted road.

"Fine," she sighed giving into the comfort of the heater and Lana Del Rey's voice. Camila turned her head and watched Lauren drive, the stop lights shined against her porcelain skin. Despite the pale light the moon provided Lauren's eyes still sparkled like the stars to Camila.

When Lauren slowed to a stop at one of the red lights she looked at Camila for a second before smiling and looking back to the road. "What are you looking at?" She asked quietly.

Camila tried to think of a smooth answer. "You," tumbled out of her mouth. She grinned at the green eyed girl and looked away for the first time in the last few minutes.

"What's so great about watching me? All I'm doing is sitting here," Lauren shrugged, Camila's gaze should have made her uncomfortable but she just felt warm inside.

"I don't know...everything," Camila sighed. "You look relaxed when you drive, your skin still glows under the dark sky. Sometimes you look at the other people driving and furrow your eyebrows when you see them flick their cigarette out the window or start texting. It's pretty entertaining actually, just seeing you react to people. And I've noticed your quiet humming, it's not that bad. I'd like to hear you really sing sometime."

Lauren hoped the darkness would hide the blush working its way onto her cheeks. "Maybe one day I'll sing for you, only if you do the same for me."

Camila let out a deep breath in contentment,"maybe we can do a duet sometime." She felt so at peace just talking to Lauren and being next to her. It was something she'd missed the last few days. Camila didn't know someone could mean so much to her in so little time. Lauren managed to work her way through Camila's walls with ease.

"That'd be nice, I'd rather just listen to you though. My voice isn't anything special," Lauren said resting her arm on the center console next to Camila's. The heat radiating off of Camila's naturally toned skin felt like fire to Lauren. Lauren wished everyone could experience this type of fire. The kind that warms your entire body and makes you feel happy without doing anything.

"Just you talking to me like this is music to my ears," Camila grinned for the thousandth time.

"Do you magically get a lot smoother at night?" Lauren giggled.

Camila made a mental note to tell Dinah that all of her useless pick up lines and practicing paid off. "I don't know, I'm pretty tired so I'm just saying whatever comes to mind." Camila noticed the McDonalds coming closer to them. "Please tell me we're going to get food."

"It wouldn't be a midnight adventure without it," Lauren said pulling into the drive through.

"You really know the way to a girls heart," Camila said pretending to swoon over the other girl. Lauren stopped at the drive through and ordered 20 chicken nuggets for them to share. "20 might not be enough," Camila noted.

"Fine, can I get 20 more," Lauren said to the intercom box,"is that better Camz?"

"Very," she smiled with her tongue in between her teeth. "I may look small but I've eaten five pizza's in one sitting before."

"You're kidding right?" Lauren didn't even know it was humanly possible for a teenage girl to eat that much. She pulled up to the next window,"I might as well have ordered everything in the place then. You might resort to eating me." Lauren looked at Camila after the words left her mouth,'please don't take it the wrong way,' she prayed.