Chapter 7

"Dinah I don't know what to do," Camila groaned falling back onto her couch.

After a long night of arguing with herself about how to solve her dilemma with Julius; Camila decided it was best to invite Dinah over to help her. Dinah was the only person that Camila could easily talk to without worrying whether she would be judged or ridiculed. The polynesian girl also happened to be the only person in her very small circle of friends that knew about Lauren. In fact, the green eyed girl was the main idea in many of their recent conversations. Dinah would always jokingly tease Camila about how she was blushing after rambling about the girl. Never forgetting to let her best friend know that she was happy for her after being playfully smacked somewhere.

"What's up Mila?" Dinah asked,"I'm worried, I woke up to find my phone blown up. 'Dinah come over. No don't come over. I need help. Never mind I got it under control. No I don't, please help me.'"

"I'm surprised you woke up considering the fact that it's a Sunday," Camila snorted. "Remember that time you slept through five earthquakes.

Dinah held a straight face,"Camila." She didn't want to come all the way over to Camila's house just to have her avoid her problems like usual.

"Fine," Camila sighed at the use of her full name. Dinah never called her Camila unless it was something serious, other times it ranged from Shorty to Tweedledee.

"It's Julius, I completely forgot about the fight I was supposed to go to last night and he's angry. He lost a bunch of money and indirectly threatened to hurt Lauren," Camila finished fiddling with her fingers. Whenever she was worried or nervous she would twirl her pinky inside of her closed right hand.

Dinah scooted closer to her best friend, hearing the sadness in her voice. "I really hate that man," Dinah said. She still wanted to offer some support but she was at a loss for words. It wasn't a common occurrence that you had to comfort somebody about this. "He's angry that he lost money when that's also money you lost out on. You have a sister to take care of and food and bills to pay for."

"I hadn't even thought about the money," Camila mumbled running her hands through her hair. "I have to pay the water bill this week."

"17 year olds shouldn't even have to worry about paying bills." Dinah said under her breath, just barely loud enough for Camila to hear.

"Tell me about it," Camila murmured. "I have a fight Tuesday night at The Knox, first place is 250 dollars. That should cover the bill and some groceries." Dinah was always in awe of the things Camila would do to help her sister have a good life. The way she could so easily say that she was fighting a number of men larger and older than her to provide for herself and Sofia. "That's not what I'm worried about though, I'm more concerned that something is going to happen to Lauren," Camila finished.

"You really care about her," Dinah acknowledged rubbing the older girl's back. It wasn't a surprise though, Camila always put other people's well being before her own.

"That's the worst part of it all. I have to break all ties with her, I don't even know how Julius or any of his guys found out about her. It's only been 5 fucking days," Camila stated, aggravated by the whole situation.

"I bet he saw you talking to her Thursday night," Dinah commented.

Camila had thought about that possibility, it was the most likely. She'd rather it be the case than someone following her.

Camila felt her phone buzz against her leg, after picking it up she let out the thousandth sigh of the day. "It's her."

From: Lauren
12:58 P.M.
Hey Camz :)