«•• 21 ••»

«»«»«»«»«»

MARINETTE WAS SO floored by the sudden reappearance of her beloved, that she wasted no time and dove towards the back seat, wrapping her arms around his neck in the tightest of hugs; all repercussions blatantly disregarded. Her heart pounded rapidly, her eyes slid joyfully closed.

Tears painfully began to leak from the inner corners of her blue eyes. Marinette's breath shuttered as she breathed in the familiar and soothing scent of his cologne. She could not even begin to fathom.

"Hey Mari," he whispered, crying softly as well.

Adrien couldn't try to explain anything, even if he desperately wanted to attempt. All he knew was when he woke up, he was back in her familiar car, happily eavesdropping on her quieted singing. How it happened to be the exact same song that was playing when he initially time traveled was also way beyond him. Feeling her trembling, her drew her body closer, gently squeezing her hips.

She tensely gasped through her gritted teeth at his hands. The blonde didn't know about their baby yet, so he was blameless. Immediately, his grasp recoiled, pulling back and meeting her heavy stare for the second time since they had shared a sweet reunion.

Adrien was colored confused.

"There's something I need to tell you, Sweetie," Marinette said. She took to running her hands through his lightly colored locks. He tilted his head, ready to receive whatever she had to say.

With the timing feeling a bit too intentional, it was then that the carhop decided to knock on her car, delicious food in tow. Squeaking, the girl adjusted in her seat and rolled down the window.

Casually throwing the sustenance aside for now, Marinette waited for Adrien to move to the passenger seat. Once he appeared to be settled, she took a deep breath. Out of pure nervousness, she grasped onto his hand. Her fingers traced his calloused knuckles.

"Adrien, I'm pregnant," she bravely said.

The blonde's eyes shone brighter than the constellations at night. Judging by the caring, and loving expression that was starting to make permanent residence on his face, she took his reaction as a positive one. "Are you really?" Adrien asked, happiness radiating from within.

"Yes, I'm nearly three months along," she replied, smiling at a kilowatt grin. He returned the smile, tears running faster down the apples of his warm cheeks. A family; he was going to have a beautiful family with the love of his life.

That was all that mattered now.

"Do you know if it's a boy or girl?" Adrien sweetly asked, his hand tracing up to her shoulder. He was desperate to hold her close. "Not yet, but that appointment is scheduled for next week if you'd like to join," she said, still unbelieving that he was currently itching to touch any part of her that she was willing. How was he even here right now? It baffled her.

"Can I touch your belly?"

"Absolutely, yes!" she spoke enthusiastically, wiping a stray tear as the girl quickly lifted up her oversized t-shirt. While here wasn't much, he was still able to see a small bump.

Breaking down, he was thrilled at this news. Reaching out, the boy tenderly cupped her stomach, taking great care. Once he touched her skin, he never wanted to remove his hand.