«•• 8 ••»

«»«»«»«»«»

A FEW DAYS had passed since then, and Marinette's mother still hadn't returned home. It affected her more than her papa, even though he was majorly bummed about the obvious absence. Regardless, there was a gaping hole in their household. The girl unconsciously was keeping herself busy with cheer practice and dealing with Adrien.

When Luka finally came around, and most of his jealousy had dried up, he was her solace for her issues about the divorce. Thus far, he was the only one aware.

It was then that Alya bombarded into her best friend's bedroom, finding Luka and Marinette in a weepy tangle on the carpeted flooring. There was a light dusting of crumpled tissues and cookie crumbs scattered around the room. Marinette was practically laying on top of Luka, supported by a multitude of fluffy pillows. A soft sniffle was heard as Alya bent to her hands and knees, crawling over to the upset pair.

"What happened?" she asked quietly to Luka. He shrugged, hugging the dark haired girl tighter by her hips. "Her parents," he whispered. Alya brushed the loose strands of hair that fell from Marinette's ponytail away from her flushed cheeks. "Are they okay?"

Marinette shook her head. "They might be getting a divorce. Mama's not been home for the past few nights," she whimpered. "Oh, sweet Marinette," she empathized, curling up on one side of Luka.

Another box of tissues and a sleeve of m&m cookies later, Marinette has cried out most of her blues, still sucking up the occasional sniffle. "Wait, where's Adrien?" Alya quizzed.

"Downstairs playing Animal Crossing probably. The guy's been hooked to the gaming console for the past two days," Marinette complied, yanking on her hair tie to make it tighter. After her miniature crying session, she felt a little better, still mopey, but better. Wiping her nose on the knitted sleeve of her thrifted sweater, pathetically a feeling of disgust ate at her gut.

"Does he know about your parents?"

"Nope. He's blissfully unaware. besides, it's not like I intend for him to know them, I don't feel like explaining our situation to them in the middle of this mess."

"Girl's got a point," Luka confirmed, starting to clean up the used Kleenex.

"Adrien!!" Alya all but screamed. It caused her friends to jump from the suddenness of the disruptive noise. The girl had no regret showing in her near devious grin.

A few loud pounds on the staircase later, and the blonde boy arrived in the doorway of her room.

"Yes?"

He was looking extra dapper today with a blue short sleeved button up tucked into slim fitting khakis. It took all she had to not ogle him so obviously. Her heart pounded. Was this what it felt like to have feelings for someone?

"Since you need lessons in sexuality and Mari needs some serious cheering up, we're all going to a male strip club!" Alya proudly announced, shocking the snot out of everyone around her. "That, quite literally, is of no service to Marinette or I," Luka retorted, clearly not interested in tagging along as he stood to throw the collected trash away.

"Yes it is! For Marinette, she'll get the privilege of an emotional release. She needs the sexual environment just as much as you do. Neither of you two fool us with your fiendish ways; you're just better at hiding it than Mari, sorry honey."