«•• 13 ••»

«»«»«»«»«»

MARINETTE WAS THOROUGHLY red cheeked to admit when she finally awoke, it was in her bed, with a choice view of Adrien's bruising hickey. It happened to be the very same one she had sucked just last night at the club. Perhaps it wasn't the wisest to have gone out on a school night, but the deed was already done. Hearing a tender snore, she registered the blonde to still be soundly asleep.

The teenaged girl wasn't all together sure how she had managed to get back home, but she didn't sweat the small details. All that mattered was that she was safe, fully clothed and had scored an extra three minutes to linger in bed before her pesky alarm sounded. Admiring the way Adrien's arm wrapped around her torso, and how snugly she was cuddled under his chin, she soaked in this sweet moment.

Resting her exhausted eyes again, she didn't have much of a chance, as the clock blared it's heady warning. Sighing, she felt Adrien stir. The blonde boy cutely rubbed his green eyes awake, an all encompassing yawn encroaching his entire face. He shot her a lazy smile.

"Morning," he mumbled, his voice caked with slumber. She smacked her mouth, trying to rid it of leftover sleepiness. "Good morning," she whispered back at him.

Untangling himself from her, he stretched his long limbs out. His foot crashed into her shin, causing her to cry out abruptly. "Sorry," he apologized bashfully. She pursed her lips.

"Are you ready for your first day of school?"

Adrien stalled in his stretch, pausing to think. "Yeah, I'm ready. As long as you're by my side, I'll be just fine," he lazed, emeralds connecting soulfully with her own. She forgot how much of a sap he was first thing in the morning. Her ears turned an alarming hue of pink.

Suddenly becoming chipper, Adrien hopped out of bed, making his merry way to the bathroom. Sitting up, she gathered her cheerleading uniform from her closet. Clipping on a clean bra and a new pair of socks, she finally got her uniform on. Figuring it was warm enough to not worry about getting chilly, Marinette opted to grab a cardigan to toss in her backpack, just in case she encountered a draft or two.

Just as Adrien emerged from the bathroom with shiny teeth and combed hair, she had slid on her white cheer shoes. Nabbing a white velvet scrunchie from atop her dresser, Marinette secured her hair in a loose high ponytail at the apex of her head.

Adrien stalked over to his pile of neatly folded clothing tucked in a corner of her closet. His lithe fingers leafed through newly purchased options. She quietly giggled at how precious he was being, looking like a toddler with a difficult choice to make.

Quickly remembering how he got panic attacks over choices such as these, she spoke up. "I think you should wear the leather jacket with black jeans."

He looked surprised at her simple suggestion. "Really?" Adrien asked. Nodding her head aptly, she slid into the restroom to freshen up. Closing the door, she got to work. A dab of makeup here, a splash of water there and she was nearly ready.

Once the cheerleader finished applying her signature perfume, she calculated that she gave Adrien enough time, emerging into her room.

Upon first glance, she noticed that Adrien had his back to her. Once he turned, she had to swallow a fitful tantrum of laughter.

He had decided to button up his jacket to his neck.

"You look like you're having issues breathing," she insinuated with a popped hip. A blonde brow furrowed in confusion. Crossing the room, she gingerly placed her hand on the jacket. Her eyes clicking automatically to his, she offered a kind smile.