«•• 5 ••»

«»«»«»«»«»

THE SECOND THE dark haired girl became aware was the very same second she registered a heavy weight on her chest. Marinette tried to breathe, only to have it feel labored and puzzlingly difficult. Deciding she was too exhausted, she ignored the sunlight streaming through the paper thin blinds. Her eyelids were feather-light, indicating she was bound to stay awake shortly.

She heard a slight grunt of cognizance that wasn't her own when she remembered the whirlwind of yesterday's events. Adrien had snuck into her life and she was now responsible for him and his every interaction.

With a bated sigh, Marinette popped her sleep sodden eyes open, only to find a wild mop of soft blonde hair on top of her. Ah. His hair was the shade of the sun that perkily bled through her curtains. A soft smile teased her dry lips.

Marinette stretched her arms upward, arching her back and accidentally pressing herself into Adrien increasingly. That little movement caused the boy above her to stir slightly. His breathing picked up to a more normal pace, alerting her that he must have woken up.

Shocked green met amused blue. "I said I wouldn't try anything, but you never made that same promise," she winked. He visibly swallowed.

"Now you have this poor girl confused! Are you secretly attracted to me? Were you putting moves on me? Oh, how my head is spinning!" Marinette joked, placing her forearm on her head dramatically. Adrien, however didn't understand her teasing.

"N-No! I would never disrespect you like that!"

She shook her head playfully. "When will you learn that I'm only kidding you?" Adrien breathed a huge sigh of relief. "How is one supposed to tell?" he questioned, full brows lowered. "Trust me, you'll know."

Adrien pouted, sticking out his pink lip, mostly in protest, but also in confusion. "But, I've already told you that I trust you. Do you think I didn't mean what I said before?"

Panic corded through her body. Adrien was a guy full of intention and purpose. Why would he ever go back on his word? It was made of solid gold, not cheap plastic like most kids their age.

After all, he was from a different century.

"I'm sorry, I forgot. But I'll remember now," she sweetly said, pink cheeks making an appearance. Adrien grinned back at her with all the gusto he could muster. "Thank you."

During the entire conversation, Marinette hadn't neglected to notice how he was still laying atop her comfortably. The fact made her genuinely happy.

The newly warm and fuzzy feeling lasted too shortly, as she realized the time. Marinette had twenty minutes until she absolutely needed to be out the door and en route to school.

"Crap!" she squealed, shoving a limp Adrien off and grabbing her previously discarded cheer uniform. Once again, neglecting to account for the blonde boy currently confused on her bed, the girl stripped and changed without any hesitation. Her only pause was to decide if she wanted to pull on a sweater to combat the morning chill.

Deciding to keep the warmth from earlier, she shrugged the knitted material over her head, before yanking her hair into an effortlessly messy ponytail. The girl tugged out her baby hairs to frame her petite face.