«•• 9 ••»

«»«»«»«»«»

HER HEART PATTERED against her chest, nervousness flooding her system. All she knew was that she had been storming home, fluffy pillows and a mug of warm milk waiting. That was completely derailed when someone snatched her and oddly, yet gently, brought her into a nearby alley way.

Confused as to why her kidnapper wouldn't shove her in a van, steal her consciousness, or put her in a black basement, she furrowed her dark brow.

Whoever the person was, they were standing a little too close for comfort. Warm breath fanned on her cheek, as the shadow placed a tender kiss on the shell of her jawline. She also noted the cold brick her back was leaning against. The change in temperature seeped through the thin fabric coating her body.

It felt familiar.

"Little Bug, you have to know how badly you drive me crazy. All that's running through my head is why you have to choose him. Am I not enough for you?"

She swallowed thickly. "Luka?"

Without verbal confirmation, he kissed her temple, lingering on her pale skin. "You hurt me. And the insane part is that I'm not mad that you hurt me."

"Hey, hey, hey," she hushed, "You know my intention wasn't to hurt you. I'm still your friend and I care about you so much, Luka."

He nodded like a little boy, leaning down further and kissing her collarbone. Placing her hands on his chest, she lightly pushed his body backward, creating a gap between the two.

"Do you need a break? Would that help you move on?" Marinette fearfully asked. He shook his head. "No, I'll deal with my misplaced emotions on my own."

She felt horrible. Seeing a tinge of dark emotion flash across his teal eyes, and knowing she was the reason for that being there, hurt her too.

"So we're good here?" she quizzed.

"Yeah, we're good," he smiled.

"Alright. In any case, walk me home? I've hit my max number of kidnappings for the night," she teased, shifting her weight on her heels. "Sorry 'bout that," Luka mumbled.

"Don't worry," she softly smiled.

The pair left the dark alley in favor of the alit sidewalk. There was a slight chill in the air that made the girl wrap her arms around herself snuggly. "I'm not coming from a place of jealousy, but what is going on between you and Adrien?"

She sighed, ridding her lungs of oxygen temporarily. "I'm trying to figure that part out. Apparently, he feels majorly led on and I know that's... partially true. At the same time, I want to give into it, but he has no clue what anything means. If this is something he really wants, I want him to know the full ramifications."

Luka shivered from the wind himself. "I think that's wise." Marinette hummed, relishing in the easy silence. The clicking of her heels filled the void.

By the time they had arrived at her house, Luka had ample time to string along the words he wanted to say. The dark haired girl turned to face her friend before she headed up her driveway. She noticed that Luka seemed to carry the weight of the world on his broad shoulders.