«•• 1 ••»

«»«»«»«»«»

MARINETTE WASN'T THE type to be caught red handed, written a pretty (yet ugly) pink ticket and be recommended for detention. As a cheerleading co-captain, it was practically her duty to vigorously stay out of every line of trouble possible.

And it was a day, much like today, where she found out how much masticated bubble gum happened to be stuck to the bottoms of the wooden desks in the undesired classroom. That, and she grew to silently meet the miscreants of her high school.

The detention room was surprisingly full of misbehaved students, leaving only three seats available for her to sit at.

Among the previously mentioned students was Luka Couffaine, one of her best friends and, coincidentally, the star quarterback of the football team. The title might have been fooling, but he actually had a heart of comprised of pure gold.

There had been a time or twenty where Alya warned her to be cautious as not lead the boy on. According to the bespectacled girl, Luka was head over heels.

Marinette always claimed he wasn't.

Luka refused to comment.

Once she was as comfortable as one can in a school chair next to the dark haired boy, Luka slid a perfectly folded note onto her desktop. She opened it, smiling at his meticulous penmanship.

How did you end up here?

She sighed, not really caring to reminisce, but who was she to deny his simple request?

Skipped lunch to eat at home and was caught.

Folding the piece of paper back up, she handed it back when she was certain the teacher wasn't looking. He nodded in understanding before scribbling another sentence of his own.

I called Mr. Landon a butthole bastard.

Marinette fought to rein in her cackling, the half sleep teacher barely stirring. Luka was a person who was slow to speak and never insulted others. Why did he randomly act out?

I heard that you got detention and I didn't want you to be in here all by yourself.

She would have been just fine.

I know, but you can't help but wonder which level of creepy these other students are, and with you in that skirt... it's not difficult to imagine something bad happening to you.

The midnight haired girl was flattered at how kind he was, putting her before himself. She didn't get the opportunity to properly thank him as Mrs. Harp burst through the door. After a brief conversation with the dreary one drooling at the desk, she turned to address the classroom.

"Okay, since you all are doing literally nothing, we're going to have you guys help clean out the basement. So everyone, leave your backpacks here and follow me."

Obeying her words with little protest, each student got up and walked down the hall to the staircase. Luka kept his turquoise eyes trained on the troublemakers around them.

"Down boy, okay? I've taken self defense and I can look after myself," Marinette informed.

His shoulders sank at her admission. "Not to say I didn't appreciate your protection, but I miss my friend and don't need a security guard at the moment."

The group made their way down the stairs as Luka smiled sincerely. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I just have a hyperactive imagination and I'd hate if you got hurt because I failed."