«•• 14 ••»

«»«»«»«»«»

TIME HAD PASSED by easily for the cluster of five friends. What was once the ending of a balmy summer, gave way to chilled wind and football game nights. This meant that life was insanely busy for Marinette. She was splitting herself between school, homework, games, practice and Adrien.

It was a lot to carry on her pale shoulders.

The overwhelmed girl found herself stretching outside on the football field. Sitting in a flexible straddle on the ground, Luka ran over briefly to confirm their hangout plans after school. She had since made a point to be with Luka at least three times a week alone. He was one of her best friends, and they just meshed well.

The girl could confidently say he was the only person she knew that fully understood every secret part of her.

Luka jogged back to his own practice, placing his helmet on his head and winking at her. Blocking the bright sun with her hand, she could spot Adrien waiting patiently on the bleachers for her. She was his responsibility, and he didn't seem to mind, always getting homework done during her practice time.

What was new, however, was a small group of girls chatting ten feet away from Adrien. They seemed to be conversing about him, judging by the way they all giggled, looked at and pointed at the studious blonde boy in the leather jacket.

Marinette pushed her bangs to the side, forcing her to think back to when they kissed for the first, and only, time. As a matter of fact, they hadn't really discussed it, both skirting around the topic. She was doing her best to keep him at an arms length, not wanting him to get the wrong idea.

Furrowing her brows, she brushed it off, opting to get her squad warmed up. A few needles and bow-and-arrows later, and the flyers were ready for the air.

Taking her place in the center group, Marinette grabbed her bases sturdy shoulders. Her back-spot counted the stunt out for everyone, Marinette being thrown into a double-up, and spinning too rapidly to talk while doing so. Once she hit the top, the athletic girl arched into an overstretched arabesque.

Her group tossed her into a tick tock, rapidly changing the foot she stood on, to land in a heel stretch that was near her ear. Smiling at the feeling of soaring in the air, Marinette felt totally unstoppable. Sneaking a peek at the other four stunt groups, she noting that everyone hit. Her back-spot called for a double down, which she perfectly performed, landing in a tight cradle.

It was just then that a cloud passed over the sun, making the area more visible; particularly the bleachers. Once glance was enough to see that the flock of girls had migrated to surround Adrien. He looked slightly uncomfortable, pulling at his darkly colored t-shirt.

The only word singing its twisted, siren melody through her mind was retaliation. So, to live up to the full potential of the meaning of the word, she called for her stunt group back from their quick water break. She had them pivot to face a group of football players who were finished with their warmup. Turning to her back-spot she told the girl to count as loudly as she could. With a worrying look, her back-spot did as told.

Marinette was loaded into the basket before being propelled straight into the air. She rode the stunt to the top. As she hit the apex of the basket, she pulled a toe-touch before arching it out. The dark haired girl took extra care to make sure her basket was impossibly flexible, securely catching the attention of the football players.