xlv. the mountain

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JUNE'S EYES IMMEDIATELY BURN WHEN HER EYELIDS FLY OPEN. She gasps at the feeling of a shackle locked tight around her neck, clutching it so tightly, she has to suck in deep breaths to breathe. Her blonde hair is wet, out of its braids and sticking to her skin, making her wonder how. The others, including Bellamy, were in the same state. She gives him a helpless look when their eyes connect for a second. June knew she'd be in deep trouble the second they were led through the door. Lincoln was right, she thought. We're all going to suffer.

June just doesn't know how right she is until the torture of their methods of cleaning starts.

It begins with a steam. It hits June so fast, her breath is lost in her throat. She chokes, lungs tightening from lack of air. Her skin itches; feeling like millions of little pins are pricking at her until there are goosebumps. June thought for a second it was something she could bear until a man in a gas mask brushes a white powder on her. She heaves a dry sob at the feeling when it hits her, feeling like she was suddenly set on fire. June can't scream, only letting out pain cries as the powder is dug further into her skin. A strong smell wafts up to her nostrils, making her head spin.

June would have taken the white powder again with cries if she didn't have to suffer through the water that sprays at her next. It's boiling, steaming as it blasts against her skin. She does wail this time, louder when it comes in contact with her scars. June sobs, hot water rushing into her mouth, making her cough and sputter as she catches her breath. Her body still feels like she's been dipped in lava, skin tinted a bright pink as her scars continue to blaze.

A needle pricks June's wet arm. She flinches as she feels something the size of a pebble squeeze under her skin. A gloved hand grabs a fist full of her long hair, tugged her head back so fast her neck cracks. Another hand pulled her lips apart, and a light is shone in her mouth. All she can see is a mask studying the inside closely, inspecting it. The hand lowers to June's jaw, holding it open as a metal tube is pushed into her mouth. It's deep, but not far enough for her gag reflex to go off.

Until a trigger is pressed, and some pill shoots into June's throat, giving her no choice but to swallow. She coughs, barely given time to catch her breath as a flip switches and water pours from the ceiling like a shower. It's just as hot as before, and June's wet hair falls over her face, masking her cries of misery. It gets worse when another masked man comes towards her with a long brush, the pricks rubbing at her skin in the least gentle way possible. June's scars from her torture weren't spared, and she thinks for a moment that her cuts splitting open again as they're viciously scrubbed at will be the least of her problems.

Gurgled screams of pain ring in June's ears. She isn't sure if it's the other men or Bellamy as she suffers, her skin being ridden of any dirt or dry blood. June's head hurts from the pain she wants to explode with, and eventually, she can't fight it back anymore. Her mouth falls open, head falling back and water cascading over her face as she screams in agony. It shreds June's vocal chords, the acid water splattering her heads and filling as mouth, making it turn into a gurgle.