xxix. fight and die

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE SOUND OF RAVEN SCREAMING IN AGONY PIERCED JUNE'S EARS, MAKING HER WANT TO COVER THEM, BUT SHE ONLY KEPT HER ARMS CROSSED AGAINST HER CHEST. Her tan skin sizzled underneath the glowing blade, just above her leg, the bullet hole bubbling shut almost directly on her hip. Raven's head is thrown back as she tightly clutches Finn's hand when Clarke pulls the knife away. The damp cloth that June had been holding is lowered, and she keeps it on the injury as instructed.

"That should stop the external bleeding," Clarke says with a short sigh, setting the knife down on a tray. June doesn't want to consider how much worse it can get, she only keeps her hand pressing the damp rag still despite Raven's squirming.

"I don't understand," Finn muses, looking up to Bellamy and June on the other side of Raven. "How did Murphy get a gun?"

Sharing a brief glance with June, Bellamy shakes his head. It's too long of a story to tell, and they didn't have the time. "Long story," he decided to reply with.

"We got lucky," Raven tells them, panting. June frowns and pulls the cloth away once she deemed it clean, making her sigh in relief. "If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead."

Clarke's blue eyes flicker up in wonder. "Wait, there's a rocket fuel down here?" She questioned eagerly. "Enough to build a bomb?"

"Enough to build a hundred bombs," Raven responded breathlessly. "If we had any gunpowder left."

"Bombs aren't an option anymore," June cut in, tossing the cloth on the same tray as the knife. "How do we stop the attack?"

A heavy silence tense enough to slice a sword through falls over the small group. The only noise loud enough is Bellamy, from where he's flipping through Lincoln's journal before stopping at a page. "Let's get back to the reapers. Maybe they'll help us," he suggested. June stared back in wonder, curious, but her breath hitching in her throat when Bellamy flashes them a sketch. The man in the drawing is bald, skin coated in bumps, a face covered in piercings and a vicious scowl that makes her feel uneasy. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?"

"Not this enemy," Clarke insisted with a shake of her head. "We saw them," she nodded to Finn who gravely stared back in agreement. "Trust me, it's not an option."

Growing agitated from their limited options, Finn interrupts, speaking a bit harshly. "There's no time for this. Can she walk or not?" He demanded, gesturing to a very weak Raven.

It didn't take a genius to know that wasn't a decision. "Look at her," June shot back. Raven's chest was still heaving with each breath, forcing her to wince, and with the bullet in her hip, she wasn't walking anywhere any time soon. "Absolutely not."

Clarke nods in agreement. "We have to carry her," she adds.

"The hell you will." Raven drew in a deep breath before trying to pull herself up, her face twisting in pain. "I'm good to go!" She declared through gritted teeth.