xli. yu gonplei ste odon

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE BODY OF FINN COLLINS RESTED ON THE DEWY GRASS JUST A FEW FEET AWAY FROM JUNE'S BOOTS. She can still hear Raven's sobs from where she stands, resting her deceased loved one's head in her lap as she grieved. June's cheeks are stained with her past tears, sad brown eyes locked on Finn. She knew she could have been more decent to him before this. She only regretted punching him in the jaw now, but it wouldn't change anything. Finn was dead, and at last, they were granted their truce at the cost. But it didn't leave June comforted.

"Raven," June whispered sadly. "I'm so... I'm so sorry..." Raven doesn't answer, only letting out another choked sob.

Soft footsteps approach from behind June, causing her to turn her head sharply. She knew that they were surrounded by grounders, in their territory, and was on guard until she saw it was only Clarke. June had expected her to be shaking, be in a state of sorrow like Raven, but instead, she's holding her chin high with her blood stained hands dangling at her sides. "Raven, June," she greeted. The tone gives away to June what Clarke is really feeling. She's known her since they were young, having heard her trying to cover up her emotions one too many times.

"Go away." Raven finally speaks, warning Clarke lowly.

"Raven," Clarke repeats. "I'm - "

Before she can finish, Raven is suddenly jumping to her feet and storming towards her. "I said, go away!" She frantically screeched.

"I know how hard this must be for you, but I'm leaving with the grounders, and I need you to work on the radio," Clarke replied calmly.

Taken by surprise, June looks to her with her forehead creased. "Now, Clarke?" She asked, knowing now couldn't be the best time.

But Clarke nods. "Now."

From behind Raven, two grounders appear, one hoisting up Finn's legs and the other grabbing under his arms. She whips around, shouting. "What are you doing?!"

"We need to take him - " Clarke begins as Raven tried to pry their hands off.

"Like hell you do! Get off!" Raven demanded.

"Give us a minute!" Clarke exclaimed over her to the grounders. They don't seem pleased, but they reluctantly drop Finn's body and steps to the side much to June's astonishment that they complied to her command. "Please, Raven."

Moving away from the grounders again, Raven scowled to Clarke through the tears. "You agreed to this?"

"We're taking him back to the village where the massacre took place, there's a death ritual," Clarke explains softly. "It's the only way to get our people out of Mount Weather."

It made sense. June just hates that Finn can't be buried with his people. Raven does too, but she understands and nods angrily. "Then I'm coming too."