xx. our mess

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JUNE SLAPPED THE PALM OF HER HEAD ON HER FOREHEAD, DESPERATELY TRYING TO CALM THE SWIRLING THOUGHTS IN HER HEAD TO EASE AT LEAST SOME OF THE ACHE. It was easy to catch on to what Clarke was meaning, what was happening to Finn from the wound he sustained. The knife she had watched be shoved into him by the grounder had the blade been dipped in poison, and they weren't sure if there was a cure for it. The only person who knew was currently being interrogated by Bellamy, and there was always the possibility he didn't even speak English. How June tried to assure Raven that Finn would be fine gave her a guilty feeling that ate at her. She didn't know for sure now.

The noise of Raven shouting into the hauntingly silent radio, desperate for Abby, bounced off of the dropship metal walls. June was sure the delinquents were tired from the storm echoes, and the mechanic wasn't making it any better, but she hadn't wanted to hear any complaining. Finn was on the edge of death, and everyone who pitched in to try and save him was just as tired, but the adrenaline of terror kept them wide awake.

"Abby?!" Raven called into the speaker once more before giving up. June watched as she kicked a chair in frustration, flinching as it hit the ground with a loud thud. Raven approached the side of Finn's table, the fury fading and being replaced with grief mixed with fear of losing him. "We lost her."

"The storm will pass," June stated, hoping to sound convincing enough, and wanting Raven to know that she wasn't speaking of the weather outside. Raven didn't respond, not having to. June could just feel she wasn't believed. Instead, their gazes wandered to Finn simultaneously. His breathing was shallow, his chest barely rising and lowering, leaving them alarmed.

That is, until June's words became false, and the shallow breathing had come to nothing. Finn let out a single last breath before he had stopped breathing altogether, no air making way out of his slack open mouth. Raven's jaw dropped at the sight, her eyes watering, trembling as her hand flew to cover her mouth.

June felt herself spring into sudden action. "Warn Clarke!" She exclaimed in demand, the two words sounding like one from the panic. As Raven raced to the ladder, shouting to Clarke on the first level that he was getting worse, June put the palm of her right hand on Finn's lower chest, feeling for the bone of his sternum. Once she located it, she put her other hand on top and laced her fingers together. With a single deep breath of encouragement to herself, she started pushing down and up, again and again, and again.

"Come on, Finn," June whispered desperately under her breath as she looked up, checking him for any signs of life. "Wake up." Raven was letting out choked, painful noises, clutching his hand tightly. With one last push, June viewed Finn as he suddenly sucked in one deep breath. Her hands froze, seeing him breathe deeply a few times before he returned to his normal slow breaths. She sighed heavily in relief, pulling her hands away.

"Thank you." Raven's broken voice had June pick her head up. She used one hand to wipe at her tears and the other to continue gripping Finn's limp hand. "Thank you so much."