xxxvii. a way in

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AS EXPECTED, THE GROUP WAS IN A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH ABBY WHEN THEY RETURNED. Once word got out about what Finn had done, she was more lenient about it. June couldn't tell what Abby thought about it, but she must not have been as horrified, as she let Finn roam around the camp. She was slightly bitter as two days pass, remembering being locked up for just punching Murphy. Finn slaughtered eighteen unarmed people - men, women, children - and he was pardoned. June shifts on the barrel on Clarke's other side, uncomfortable, as she tried to ignore every feeling about him and focus on the task in front of her.

"Okay... Tell me again," Bellamy requested, squinting as he studied the sketch on the tabletop for the three of them to see. Clarke had drawn it herself, memorizing Mount Weather and the tunnels that led into it. It was easily one of the best maps June had seen drawn by hand.

While pointing to places with her pencil, Clarke speaks in simpler terms. "It's a Labyrinth. We got to the damn through this tunnel." She dragged the tip down the drawn slope. "It's all connected to the mine system. That's our way in."

"Are you sure we can get past the reapers and the Mountain Men?" Bellamy asked pointedly. Clarke loosely shrugs, making him sigh, knowing they'd need more of a plan than sneaking through the tunnels with guns and blades.

June makes a small noise of a hum, tugging the corner of the paper towards her to study the tunnel. With the reapers and Mountain Men inside, it wouldn't be easy to get past. "Mount Weather has a technology system like The Ark," she mumbled, pondering in thought. She spent so much time studying, working on the high tech, working her way to the top until she was one of the best at such a young age. June tilted her head, thinking deeper, more to herself. The tunnels would be difficult to get through, sure, but once inside...

"June." June snapped out of her thoughts by Clarke saying her name. "Don't get excited. That technology won't help us right now. We need to worry about the tunnels."

"I swear to God, if your mom doesn't sanction the mission soon, I'm going by myself," Bellamy declared once June nodded hesitantly.

With a short pat to Bellamy's arm, Clarke promised. "You won't be by yourself."

Paying attention now, June shared Clarke's smile. She felt comforted, safe in content even, until her friend's smile faded when her stare lingered into the distance. Lost, she turned to look past Bellamy's head to see Finn of all people casually walking out of The Ark's entrance. Like each time she had seen him, June was hit with an emotion of disgust when the memories flooded through her mind.

"I guess the inquisitions over," Bellamy uttered dully. June snorted, flexing her fingers. Her knuckles were still a faded mix of blue and purple, making the skin pang when doing so. "How's Finn doing anyway?" He asked.

Hesitating, Clarke bowed her head in discomfort. "I haven't talked to him since we got back," she admitted. "I don't know what to say... He just kept shooting."