xxii. always

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS LIKE BELLAMY'S ENTIRE MOOD HAD CHANGED AFTER FINDING THE GUNS. He had forgotten about searching the bunker any further, and became more giddy, even going as far as drawing a large red "X" inside of a circle on a cloth. June quickly caught on that it was for target practice as Bellamy collected three guns for them to use. The black weapon was propped in an odd way against her hip, and she was sure she wasn't cocking it correctly, but she couldn't deny the excitement of preparation to shoot. June's never shot a gun before, and although killing people wasn't on the top of her list, she couldn't help but admit she was eager to learn.

"This changes everything," Bellamy declared as he rounded the target. "No more running from spears. Ready to be badasses?" He questioned with a grin, popping one of the nuts June had recommended into his mouth. June was more delighted than she realized, leaning forward from where she was balancing herself against the wall. Her head had been aching for a while, almost dizzy-like. Bellamy eyed her in concern briefly. "You alright, there?"

June nodded, shrugging it off. "I'm ready to be a badass," she confirmed. "Start your lesson, sir."

"Look, guys," Clarke cut in, picking her head up from where she was observing her gun hesitantly. "I'm not gonna fight either of you on bringing guns back to camp. I know we need them, but don't expect me to like it."

"We're lucky the rifles were packed in grease," Bellamy said. "The fact that they survived means we're not sitting ducks anymore. You two need to learn how to do this. Everyone will."

Clarke sighs, positioning the gun. "So I just, hold it on my shoulder?" She guessed.

Nodding, Bellamy circled her, helping her hoist the firearm up more. "Yeah, just a little higher." June watched for a moment, more interested in the way his toughness faded and was replaced with nervousness as he put his hand on her hip. "Uh, that's good." June tilted her head, catching Bellamy's eye momentarily as she cocked an eyebrow in a silent mocking way. Bellamy cleared his throat, pretending he hadn't seen the way June caught on and situated his gun. "Watch and learn."

Standing in between Clarke and June, Bellamy located his target with relaxed focus before squeezing the trigger. Instead of a loud gunshot like June was expecting, his gun only let out a click. He glares for a moment, reloading, and pushing the trigger again, but the same click was heard.

"Still watching," Clarke mentioned.

"Are we learning yet?" June questioned.

Bellamy lowered his gun, giving the pair an irritated look. "My bullets are duds," he informed them before gesturing to Clarke. "Try yours."

June observed as Clarke took a deep breath, tense, as she held her gun up. She aimed it correctly before pulling the trigger. It fires, louder than June expected, and tears a small hole through the target. June squinted, seeing that it landed nearly a foot below the "X". It was a pretty good shot, especially for a beginner. "Woah," she marveled. "How do you feel?"