World Of Corruption

Emma opened her eyes. She had closed them when the beam of light had hit her and her friends. But she had been wrong about something. She opened her eyes and looked around at a neat bedroom with baby blue wallpaper. "Get off the bed, all of you!" Dusk almost screamed.

When Emma and Alex didn't get off the bed in time, they felt Dusk's power forcibly throw them off the bed. They hit the ground with a loud THUMP! "What the HELL, DUSK!?" Alex cried, getting up. Emma looked up and watched Dusk set Peter in the bed, quickly covering him in blankets.

"Someone go get me a wet cloth!" He demanded, ignoring Alex. When nobody moved, he shouted. "WELL!?" Dusk continued. George rushed out the door and down the hallway to the bathroom. The small puppy soon returned with a wet washcloth and handed it to Dusk. George recoiled as Dusk snatched the cloth from him. "Step out, now!" He told everyone. Since Dusk didn't seem in the mood for arguments, everyone but Dusk left the room. Before she closed the door, Emma caught a glimpse of Dusk stripping Peter's bloody clothes off. She closed the door, hoping Dani hadn't seen anything.

"What's his problem?" Alex said, not really like a question.

"His problem!? HIS PROBLEM!? What's YOUR problem, Alex?" Dani cried, outraged at what he had just said. "He just killed Peter, and it wasn't even his fault!"

"Don't say that!" Joey cried, not stuttering once.

"Yeah, Dani! Peter might not be dead!" Izayay said, anger lacing his voice.

"Oh, and Dusk's not gay!" She said sarcastically.

"Shut it!" Emma yelled. Everyone fell silent, their eyes landing on her. "Now isn't the time to be fighting!" She then walked down the hallway and stopped at the telephone on the wall. She dialed a few numbers and the phone started to ring.

"Who are you calling?" Rose-ann asked.

Emma shushed her and furrowed her brows. After thirty seconds, someone finally picked up. "Dusk?" Unova asked tiredly over the phone.

"No. It's Emma." She said into the phone.

"Emma!? Guys! Guys, they're back!" Unova yelled to someone with him. Emma then heard cheers coming from the other side.

"Where are you? Who's with you?"

"About one quarter of the town." He said hopefully.

"What!? What do you mean 'one quarter'? Where's the rest of the town?"

"Gone."

"Gone?" Emma asked.

"They've been either 'corrupted' or killed." He said darkly.

"Killed!? Unova, what's happened?" Emma demanded. Unova fell silent. She could hear whispers among the one fourth of the town. "Answer me..." She said, trying to sound calm.

"Have you looked outside lately? Where have you been? It's been weeks since I last saw you."

"Weeks!?" Emma cried, looking for the nearest window. "I thought we've only been gone a few days!"

"It's been almost two weeks since we had that lesson about the Fandomverse, Emma. Our teachers and parents went missing after the weekend, along with some kids. Our world has turned into one big ghost town." He explained.

Dani, Cairry, Izayay, Alex, George, Joey, Bella and Rose-ann followed Emma to the window at the end of the hall, untangling and straightening the phone-cord as they went. Emma hesitated when her hands reached the grey curtains. "Unova?" She asked into the phone.

"Yes?"

"Can you please prepare me for what I'm about to see outside?" She asked, her voice somewhat trembling as she heard unfamiliar and scary noises outside. She caught the curtain in her shaking grasp and pulled it as Unova was giving her a description of the outside world.

"Well, it's not a pretty sight, I can tell you that. I haven't seen daylight for at least seven days. I haven't seen it yet, but I hear there's these massive inky monsters that roam around and make people go out of control. That's how most deaths have happened. Very few people go outside anymore, and if they do, they're some of the best fighters. Even so, most don't come back, so we're nervous about sending people outside. But don't worry, it isn't pitch black outside, so you can still see. Oh yeah, and last week, when we went to school, there was a black wolf with red eyes who was dressed like a ring master for a circus. He was the only adult there. That was when and where the whole 'corruption' thing started. People started to worry because we didn't see certain kids at school. People like Peter, Dusk, Alex, Cairry, Dani, Erin, Ferris, Izayay, and you. And the younger ones noticed Bella, Rose-ann, Joey, and George haven't been attending either. Since you all know each other in some way, we assumed you were all together. So, is everyone with you?"

Emma looked back at her friends before opening the curtains. "Most of us, Unova...most of us." She said into the phone.

"Most of you!? What do you mean!?" When Unova didn't get a response, he started to panic. "Emma? Emma!? Emma! Are you still there!?"

But Emma had dropped the phone in shock. Beyond the window was a world of utter terror. Ink monsters were everywhere, like they were patrolling, looking for any sort a life and destroying it. The grass went from its emerald green color to a dry yellow. The sky was grey as clouds swirled above. Houses around them were burning, abandoned, or nothing but a few splinters of wood. There was no Suibomian in sight. Emma couldn't help but cry when she saw the school in the distance. It had been beaten to the ground. But the thing that captured all the friends' attention the most was the massive fun house in the middle of the school field. It was tall and twisted with strange objects sticking out from windows and balconies. It had the color palette of the Master.

Emma leaned down and picked up the phone. She held it to her folded ears. "Unova?"

"Yes?" Unova said, sounding relieved.

"Where are you and the rest of the population?" She talked so quiet her voice could've been a whisper.

"Well, we don't know if this is the rest of the population, but who knows? Anyway, we're in the bunker underneath Hewitt's house. Apparently he was the only one who had ever thought of it. Good thing he did. Why do you ask?"

Emma thought for a second. Hewitt. He was the stag that almost blew up the school because he had tried making something called a 'car'. He wanted to be a mechanic. "I know Hewitt." She said.

"Well, yeah, most kids of our generation do." Unova said, sounding slightly more relaxed.

"We're on our way."

"'We'? How many of you are there if there's only most of you?"

"Ten, maybe eleven." Emma said.

"'Maybe eleven'? What do you mean? You have a lot of questions to answer, Emma!"

"I'll explain it later."

"But, how are you going to go outside without getting attacked by the ink monsters and god knows what else!?"

"We'll find a way. I promise."

"I hope you can keep that promise."

"Goodbye, Unova."

"Bye, Emma."

Emma hung up the phone. "Well!?" Everyone else asked in unison.

"We're gonna make sure Peter's OK," Emma said. "And then, we're going to head to Hewitt's house."

"Hewitt!?" They all exclaimed.

"The kid that had the police outside his house that one time!?" Izayay asked.

"The kid that tried building a 'car'!?" Dani asked.

"The kid that almost blew up the school!?" Cairry asked.

Emma nodded. "Yup. That kid. He, Unova, and the rest of the population are hiding in a bunker under his house. And now, we're gonna go. So, anybody got a plan?"