The Dark Stag

"Sir, I have returned." The Master said, walking through the endless black void.

Please, don't do this! Let me go, please! Ferris' voice rang through his head. The Master shook his head, mentally telling the boy to shut it.

"Sir?" The Master called, approaching The Dark. It turned to face him.

"You're back, 1." The Dark said, his deep and mysterious voice booming through the emptiness. They were in endless darkness, nothing but the blue-night mist surrounding the enormous, graceful stag. The Dark usually went by, The Dark, but to those in the world of the Master call it, The Dark Stag. Mostly because, it took the form of a stag. The Dark Stag was surrounded by mist, stars dotted his body. His eyes were like moon in the night sky, because they were. "What have you to report?" He said, staring down the anthropomorphic wolf.

Unlike his followers, The Dark Stag wasn't anthropomorphic. It was a ginormous, intelligent animal. "I've corrupted two so far." The Master said, getting on one knee, placing his cane on the 'ground' next to him. "I've got my next target set."

"Good. What about the fox girl?" The Dark Stag said, his voice smooth and deep. The Master stared at the ground.

"I....I still haven't gotten her yet..." The Master said quietly. The Dark Stag shook his head in disappointment.

"1, 1, 1, " The Dark Stag said, giving him the look. "It's been, what, eight years? Why haven't you killed her yet? She was your first." He insisted.

Please! Let me go! Don't hurt my friends! Don't hurt Emma! Ferris' pleads pounded through the Master's head. He pressed his palm into his forehead.

"Is something wrong, 1?" The Dark Stag asked. The dark mist was covering The Dark Stag's mouth, so you could only tell he was talking if you heard him. "Do you have another headache?"

The Master shook his head. "No, Sir. It's nothing..."

"Well, will you answer my question?"

"Um, I don't have an option, do I?"

"No. You do not."

The Master sighed. "Yes...it's been eight years, Sir."

"And, the reason?" The Dark Stag pushed.

"I....I...I..." The Master trailed off. He didn't really want to say the reason to The Dark Stag. He was scared of the consequences he would be forced to face. He also thought his reason was incredibly pathetic, and weak. "I....I don't really....want to kill her..." He said. The Dark Stag got down and leaned in close to The Master's face.

"And why is that?" The Dark Stag asked calmly.

The Master hesitated before answering. "Well...um...why do I have to kill her again?" He said, not wanting to tell him the reason behind not wanting to kill Emma. The Dark Stag leaned back.

"Because, she was created by my sister. Purely by my sister. You know she and I created every being in this universe. We did it together. But, she made Emma behind my back, to one day, defeat me and become the next multiverse hopper, along with some others. If she finds out too much about the Fandomverse, she'll eventually find out her destiny, and my sister will try to reach out to her. She'll lead the mortal right to me, destroying me. But, what my sister is too stupid to know, she won't destroy me. I will simply break. Falling into many pieces. Those pieces will scatter across the Fandomverse. And Emma will be the one to shatter the pieces of me. I sent you to Suibom to kill her, and get her out of my way. I must beat my sister if I am going to stay whole. The Dark Stag said. "Now, answer my question. Why do you refuse to kill her?"

The Master stood there frozen. "Sir. After possessing this body, the body of a boy who was good friends with her, I realize......she means much more than you believe." He finally said.

"What do you mean, 'more than you believe'?" The Dark Stag questioned.

"Her...her friends care for her...they treat her like...a family..." The Master said.

The Dark Stag looked him in the eyes. "How do you feel about the girl?" He asked.

"I...I do not feel anything for her..." The Master lied. The Dark Stag could sense his fib.

"Do not lie to me, 1. You were my first pure creation, I made you to do my bidding. Now, tell me. How do you feel about the girl?"

"I...I care...for her..." The Master whispered.

"What was that?" The Dark Stag said, even though he had heard him the first time.

"I care for her." The Master said, louder this time.

The Dark Stag was silent. He stared at the Master in disgust. "You are a disgrace. I made you to torture her and kill her. You took care of the torture part, now, what about the second part? When do you plan to take out your orders?" He questioned.

"I don't plan to take out my orders." The Master said, a little more confident this time.

The Dark Stag said nothing for some time. "You will carry out your orders. You've already injured her mentally and physically. Permanently. Why not kill her now?" That was his plan. If the Master killed Emma, she would go to the Spirit Realm. The place of uncreated, and creations that have passed. And, she would be in the world between the Light and Dark. Some people get worse after death, like they're trapped in a realm of no escape. If The Dark Stag wanted, when Emma died, he could keep her in his side of the Spirit Realm, and torment her for eternity. "You will kill the girl, and bring her spirit to me."

"And what if I refuse!?" The Master demanded.

A deep and scary laugh rang out across the emptiness. "You know what will happen if you do not obey me. You must remember, 1, that I can rip you from that body, as easy as you got it! I have the power to keep you here, with me. You will never be allowed to leave the Dark Realm ever again! Don't test me, 1. You will pay." The Dark Stag said.

The Master's confidence left him as quick as it had came. He needed to remember, this was The Dark he was talking to, and taking orders from. The Dark Stag was one of the creators of their universe. "I...I apologize. I was a...fool for...feeling such emotions." The Master said, trying to sound convincing.

"You should be. Now, go back to Suibom, and do what you must." The Dark Stag said, shooing him with a dark stare.