Lashing Out

Emma decided to try going straight up the stairs, to her room. The place was dark, which meant that he might not be home yet. She closed the door behind her and tiptoed through the living room to the stairs. The moment her hand touched the railing of the stairs, the lights turned on. He was standing there, in the middle of the room, arms crossed. The wolf she had met eight years ago, and couldn't seem to get away from. "Thought you could get away without saying 'hi' to me?" He said, his voice deep.

Unlike Emma, who had aged normally, he hadn't looked a day older since the day she had met him. She had asked him about it once, he had said that it was because he was some 'spirit', sent to watch over her. More like keep her here. "Hi...Master." She said quietly. He didn't have a name, and that's what he asked her to call him, so she did.

"What are you doing, trying to get away so quickly?" He asked. Emma tried thinking of an excuse to slip away.

"I...um...just have a lot of homework to do." It wasn't really an excuse, she had homework to do, which was reading that book about the creation of Planet Suibom. Maybe it would have something about the Fandomverse, even about multiverse hoppers. "So, that's why I was in a hurry. I wanted to get it done and over with." He raised an eyebrow.

"You've never been in this much of a rush to get homework done. Come here." He said, gesturing her to come over to him.

Emma gulped. 'Here we go again.' She thought. She stood in front of him as he pulled out his cane and placed the orb on her forehead. He closed his eyes. He was looking through her memories, again. He would do this whenever she would talk about something new, like making a new friend, or learning something.

He flinched and pulled the orb away rather quickly. He shoved the cane back in his pocket and held out his hand. "Give me your bag." He said quietly, even though there was no one else around.

Emma shook her head. "No..." She knew what would happen if he got a hold of her bag. He'd take the book. She knew that he looked at the History Class memory, when she learned about the creation.

His claws jutted out from his hands, dark and sharp. His eyes went black, his claws had black ink spilling out. "Give me the book, Emma, or I will have to take it by force." He said, darkly. Emma, once again, shook her head. "Fine then. Have it your way!" He slashed her stomach, ripping her jacket and shirt.

"GAH!" Emma screamed out in pain, grasping at her stomach. She dropped to the ground, again. This wasn't the first time this had happened. None of the pain The Master had ever inflicted on her was ever fatal. It just hurt...a lot. He didn't want to kill her, just show her that he was the one in charge. He ripped her bag from her back, ignoring the blood spilling out onto the floor. She was crying, again. All of this had happened so many times already, it just seemed like it was a schedule now.

"Oh, don't act so pathetic, Emma. You know that it will heal, don't make such a big deal out of it." He said, reaching into her bag, pulling out the book. He dropped the bag and flipped through the pages. His eyes widened as he saw the chapter on the creation, then the chapter of the Fandomverse. There were even chapters on what other multiverses were in the Fandomverse. He sighed and held up the cane. There was a burst of black and white fire coming from the orb. He held the book over it.

"No! No, please!" Emma stood up, pulling at his arm holding the book. He used the book to smack her across the face, she came crashing to the ground. He dropped the book in the fire, he made sure Emma watched it burn in front of her eyes. "Why did you do that!?" She screamed.

"You aren't supposed to know about the Fandomverse! Who told you about it!? Where did you get this book!?" He yelled...he yelled. He never yells, he just calmly beats her.

Emma looked away. "From school." She answered. He put his cane away and frowned.

"Get up." He said. Emma didn't move. "I SAID TO GET UP!" He yelled. That's when she did.

"Who do you think you are!?" She shouted. "That was my one chance to learn about the outside universe! There are others out there! Others like m-"

He grabbed her by the collar of her ripped shirt and pinned her against the wall. Both their eyes were glowing. The Master's were a mix of red and black, while Emma's was a mix a yellow, red, and green. Her claws started to come out, digging into the arm that held onto her. "Don't act so stupid! There is nothing else out there! You shouldn't believe everything you're told, you idiotic child!" He shouted.

"I'm not stupid!" Emma screamed, her mind flashing back to the bullying at school. "So SHUT IT!" They both froze and Emma's flames disappeared, her eyes went back to normal, and her claws retracted. The Master stayed the same. His hand slashed her across the face. Her eyes started to tear up.

"Remember who you're talking to, Emma the Fox." He said, gritting his sharp teeth. On Suibom, when you were mad at someone, you would say their first name, and then what animal they are after that. "I could snap your neck right here, right now." He let her go. She stood up, trying to look unaffected. He held out his hand.

"What?" Emma said, attitude lacing her voice.

"You know what." He said. Emma sighed and walked into the kitchen, pulling open one of the drawers. She took out a pair a scissors, and cut of a small amount of fur off her hand, there was still a small hint a flames there. She handed the fur to him and he accepted it. "Now, go to your room." He said, and she obeyed.

Once she was in her room, she laid down on the bed and looked at the place where her fur had been. According to The Master, he needed something from her so he could exist. Without help from the people he helps, he'll disappear. Emma had only given him small amounts, the bigger the amounts, the more his power grows. He isn't seen by anyone other than Emma. She had tried introducing him to her friends, but they didn't see him, so now he was her old 'imaginary friend.' She looked at the cuts on her stomach. 'Some imagination I've got.' She thought to herself. She had given The Master little bits of fur every month, but he had many times, asked for more. He had one time offered her a haircut. Her hair would give him great power, especially if he cut a large amount of it. But, she had said 'no'. He didn't ask her as much anymore, but he would occasionally bring it up, and she would say 'no' every time. If he was powerful enough, he would be able to be seen by other people, overpower others, even get inside their head and manipulate them into doing what he wanted. That was one of his many powers, and the reason why he was 'The Master'.

Emma watched the clock, it was only 5:45, but she fell asleep anyway, even with a drops of blood sinking into her bed.