Dangerous Paths

It started raining again. They had been out in the Great Forest of Suibom a whole day. Emma had volunteered to be a pillow once again when the time had come to sleep. They had been following the road, not getting anywhere really. The forest looked the same in all directions. "We're lost, aren't we? And don't lie to me, Izayay!" Dani demanded.

He looked around at the forest. "I will be honest...yes. We are lost." He said to the group. The kids broke out into another panic, while the older ones did their best to calm them down.

"Lost!?" Rose-ann screamed.

"Maybe staying on the road wasn't the best idea." Cairry said, looking around at the endless forest.

"The road has to end eventually, right?" Alex asked, knowing he wasn't going to get a good answer.

Peter down the dirt path. He wanted to suggest something, but he didn't know how. He had lost his notebook and pen at the fight with Erin and the Master. Emma and Izayay had helped him find a substitute for his eye-patch, and did their best to fix up his 'eye'. Right now, only a leaf covered the bloody flower.

His eyes wandered to the trees next to him. He noticed someone walking between the trees. There looked to be about four people. He blinked, starting in that direction. 'Maybe they can help us.' He thought to himself. His foot landed on a twig, making a snapping noise. The figures looked his way. He immediately regretted making the decision of walking that way.

They all stared at him, their eyes were glowing white, no pupils. They were all a different animal each, Peter made out a bull, a cat, a bird, and a dog. He froze there, not daring to move, wondering if he should even breath. "Peter! What are you doing?" Dani called.

The figures ran away, and Peter chased after them. "Peter? Peter! Where are you going?" He heard Dani yell. As he got closer, he noticed something radiating from them, like some kind of magic. The figures were fairly fast, except the dog. They were all wearing cloaks, covering their faces, but not much of their body.

"Peter. Go back to your friends." He heard someone say. He stopped in his tracks. It had sounded kind of like the Master had spoken to him. He looked around, hearing his friends in the distance, calling his name, asking him what he was doing. "Peter...go back...before it's too late..." He recognized it the second time the voice spoke. It was Ferris! Peter began wandering the area. Oh, how he wished he could talk right now. "Peter...please. He'll get you." The voice said.

'Where are you?' Peter thought, searching like his life depended on it. A black figure emerged from the bush. He looked at the figure, and recognized it as the Master, but, he was talking in Ferris' voice.

"Please, Peter. I...I don't want him to hurt you." Ferris said. The only thing different about the Master was the voice and his eyes. They were baby blue, like Ferris'. "Leave! Please! He's comin-" Ferris was cut off as his eyes went red and black. An evil grin replaced Ferris' pleading frown.

"Heya, Peter." The Master said, pulling out his cane.

Peter began backing away. He looked left and right at the endless forest. He could still hear his friends calling his name.

"So, how have you been? Actually, no, don't tell me, not that you can, let me guess." The Master said, leaning on his cane in a casual manner. It scared Peter. It also angered him. "So, have you lost your flower yet?" Peter blushed from embarrassment.

Peter frowned and ripped off the leaf covering the flower. The flower was dotted with blood and some petals were gone. But, despite everything, it still glowed with power. His vines wrapped around his arms and his eye glowed with the flower. He growled at the Master.

"Oh, so you can talk. Or, was that just a primitive growl?" The Master asked.

Peter roared, shaking the trees surrounding the both of them. He bared his sharp teeth, trying to seem threatening. The Master held his cane at his side, ready for battle. Peter got down on all fours and charged at the Master, standing back on two feet when attacking the Master's upper body.

"You're pathetic, you know that? How can someone who can't even talk be a hero?" The Master said, dodging his attacks like they were nothing. Peter did his best to ignore the comment, continuing his attack. "Those people you chased into the trees, those were my people! My followers! People I corrupted! You fell right into my trap, like the idiot you are!" The Master kicked Peter in the stomach, sending him flying into the trees. But, using his powers, summoned a group a vines, to break his fall. He got back to his feet, fighting like a wild animal.

"You will never defeat me, with or without your friends, so, I don't see the point in trying so hard!" The Master said, dodging his attack. He pointed his cane at Peter, the black fire shooting from the orb right at Peter. He dodged and continued to attack the Master. Peter wasn't giving up just yet. He too much determination to stop. He kept punching and kicking, and doing whatever he possibly could to do any sort of damage to the Master. Peter eventually got tired, but didn't stop. The Master proceeded to shoot the black flames. Peter stopped for a second to catch his breath, and that's when the Master took his chance.

"I WILL STOP YOU!" Peter screamed as his friends finally came to where they were fighting. His friends stood there in shock. Did Peter just...speak? But, Peter never talks. He was mute...right?

The Master's cane blew up into black flames, and he threw it into Peter's flower. He screamed out in pain, pawing at the cane. He finally grabbed it, dislodging it from his eye. He tossed the cane aside, and didn't notice the Master was sprinting his way towards the panther. Peter fell back. "PETER!" Dani screamed, running through the bush.

"Dani!" Cairry called, going after her. Soon, everyone was making their way to Peter, but, even Alex wouldn't be able to make it to him in time. So, someone else did. One of the cloaked figures jumped in front of Peter, holding up their hands. A bright light emitted from their palms, causing the Master to stop in his tracks.

"What are you doing? Get out of my way!" The Master demanded. The hooded figure didn't move. "You were made to obey me! Now, do as you're told and move!" The hooded person's hands glowed brighter. The Master backed away. "Move!" He ordered again, and once again, they didn't oblige. Instead, the light from their hands got brighter and brighter. The Master hissed and finally retreated to the trees, disappearing.

"We have to go after him!" Alex cried, about to run after the Master. But, the hooded person placed a gloved hand on his shoulder.

"It's no point. If you go after him, you will just get farther and farther away from your friends." They said. Peter recognized that voice. That voice belonged to the husky he had fantasized about for years. The hooded person revealed themselves. His grey fur was a little darker than usual, but was still grey, his white highlights were dusted with dirt and blood. One of his ears had a hole in them. But, despite looking like an absolute wreck, his blue eyes still made Peter's heart burst out if his chest every time he saw them.

Everyone but Peter cried in unison. "Dusk!?"