A Sibling In Need

Back at the house, Rose-ann was trying to call her big brother, but he wasn't picking up. "Anything yet?" Bella asked. Rose-ann shook her head. She had invited her friends, Bella, George, and Joey just to annoy her brother when he got home. She was thinking that he would come through the door holding his crush in his arms, that he had helped her find what she had lost. But, it had been a while, and he wasn't picking up his phone. Usually, Izayay was the one worrying about his sibling, now it was Rose-ann's turn. "Welp, that sucks." Bella said.

"How can you say something like that!?" George argued. Joey and George sat at the table, eating Rose-ann's leftover breakfast. George was a maroon colored dog, his ears were short and floppy. He never wore a shirt, but he had blue skinny jeans. He had turquoise eyes and a shiny grin. He and Alex made a bandana for each other, George's being green with white triangles.

At the orphanage, they didn't get an opportunity to eat good food like Rose-ann was used to. She was living with her two brothers. Izayay and Dalton. Though, that's what the king thought. The truth was, Dalton had left her and Izayay when they were very young. Nobody really knows where he went, but everyone said he had gone to master his power, and failed. So, Izayay was the one out doing work and trying to make a living for him and his sister.

"Look, George, just because you think my brother can do anything, doesn't mean he can." Bella said simply, lounging back in her chair. Bella was the careless one of the group. Getting them into trouble, detentions, growlings from teachers. She took after her brother. Though she didn't look up to him as much as George did, she was a lot like him.

George, however, looked at Alex like he was some superhero, which he and his friends kinda were. The four kids had powers, but they hadn't revealed them, because they didn't even know what they were.

"I-I think we sh-should maybe wait a little l-longer." Joey suggested. He was reading a book while eating a piece of toast. Joey was an orange, stuttery kangaroo. He had a green sweater that was too big for him, so the sleeves were too big and hid his hands. He wore tan jeans. Joey was always reading, he said it was his free ticket out of reality. He read all sorts of genres, his favorite being Fantasy.

"Yeah, but how much longer do we wait?" George said, itching the bandana around his neck. He and Alex had made it, Alex had a red one with white dots, and George's was green with white triangles. Alex had promised that as long as he was living, he'd wear that bandana, and he had kept that promise.

"Just a little bit longer." Rose-ann said, looking out the window. It was well into the afternoon, and the storm outside raged on.

The four waited there even longer than they had said they would. Even Bella was getting worried, she usually didn't worry about her brother because she knew he could take care of himself. Joey had set down his book to help keep watch and he and George had finished the leftover breakfast. They decided to wait another hour, but after that passed, Bella got an idea. "Why don't we go look for 'em?" She suggested.

"Out in t-this weather?" Joey asked.

Bella nodded. "Yeah! What if they're in real danger? My brother just said that he was gonna help Emma look for something, he said he would only be, maybe, an hour. And they've been gone for a long time."

Before Joey could protest, they had gotten their raincoats. "I-I don't k-know-" He was cut off as Bella threw his raincoat on him, buttoning it up.

"Joey the Kangaroo. Are you coming with us, or not?" Bella said, finishing the last button on his coat. What would he do? He could just stay here and read his book, trying to calm down. Or he could go with his friends, and maybe even persuade them to turn back. He hesitantly gave a nod.