Hospital Wing

Dusk followed Suqah up the stairs to the hospital wing. From what he understood, something was happening to the people living in the castle. Things that, from what Suqah and a messenger had said, it sounded a lot like the things that had happened back at home.

Suqah stopped at two large double doors, pushing them open. What Dusk saw shocked him to his core.

A few doctors were holding someone down to a bed who had dark fur and red eyes. They were lashing out at the doctors, cutting open their coats. "Suqah!" One of them said. "Oh thank the lord above!"

Suqah strode over to bed, Dusk trailing behind. "What happened?" She said, stern but quiet.

A female doctor let go of the corrupted person. "He attacked his roommate! Something happened to his eyes and fur and he started drooling ink. We've been forced to tie down over ten patients today!"

"Ten!?" Dusk exclaimed. Suqah looked the man on the bed up and down.

"Dusk, welcome to your first lesson." She said.

"What? My first lesson?" Dusk said, wondering how this could possibly be a good first lesson.

"Using your powers, I want you to enter his mind." She said, waving a hoof over the poor man's forehead.

"Enter his mind?" Dusk said, more to himself than to anyone else. "How? What will happen? What will I see?" Even more questions were going through the husky's head.

"Yes, enter his mind. Do your best to control your power. Do not worry if you mess up, I will be there with you." She said. "Take my hoof, and I will help you."

Dusk looked at the man on the bed. He was a middle-aged, ring-tailed lemur, and looked to be in extreme pain. His tank-top was ripped along with his jeans. His red eyes locked with Dusk's. "Okay." Dusk finally said, placing his hand on Suqah's hoof.

She slowly moved her hand towards the man's forehead. As she got closer, he started thrashing around in the bed. One of the doctors had to grab his head and pin it to the pillow. The rest of the doctors held him down, trying their best to restrain him. As soon as Dusk's fingers and Suqah's hoof touched his forehead, he went still, and the two entered his mind.

Dusk closed his eyes, fearing of what he would see. He suddenly felt Suqah's comfort leave him. His eyes snapped open, seeing that Suqah was no longer next to him. In fact, there was nobody with him. Not the man on the bed, none of the nurses. He was just in an empty hospital. Except, the hospital seemed much darker than he remembered. There was dark ash floating around and the sun shining in from the windows was replaced by the moon. To sum it up, he felt alone, most physically and emotionally.

He noticed a shadow move just outside the hospital wing. A dark shadow that he somehow recognized. He ran out of the hospital, following the shadow. He couldn't see who the shadow belonged to, but he already seemed to know.

It's been a while...

"It's only been like a day! Can you leave us alone?!" Dusk cried, watching the silhouette of the wolf standing at the bottom of the stairs. The shadow stopped and turned into the heroes enemy.

"So, what have you been up to lately?" The Master asked, stepping away from the stairs as Dusk rushed down them.

"I think you know perfectly well what we've been doing!" Dusk said, reaching for the Master. But he turned to ashes the moment he made contact with him. Dusk stared at the pile of ashes.

"Hehe, I guess you kiddies ARE smart." Dusk turned around to see the Master sitting on the stair rails. He hopped off the rail, heading down the next flight of stairs. "Why not walk with me, hmm?" The Master asked, pulling out his cane.