Leaving Home

Erin sat in her living room, watching the stars slowly disappear. Her mom should be home soon. Her dad was sitting in the living room with her, sitting on a chair, arms crossed, and feet tapping. Her mom had left in the afternoon and had stayed out all night. It was pretty obvious that her mom was cheating on her dad. She had been caught with other men, in bed, strip clubs, etc. It had been going on since Erin was born. Her dad had given her too many chances, and decided that now was time for them to part. Soon, the front door opened, revealing Erin's mom. She was wearing a tight short red dress, showing her black panties. Her hair was in a messy bun and her ears flopped to her sides. "Oh, what are you two doing up?" She asked.

"You've been gone since yesterday. Mind telling me what your were doing?" Erin's dad asked, getting up from his seat.

Erin's mom folded her arms across her very wide chest. "Just went out with some friends." She said, faking her innocence. She strolled into the kitchen, Erin's dad following. He cornered her.

"Mavis, tell me, do you love me anymore?" He asked, kinda hoping she would say 'no'.

Erin's mom, Mavis, stood up straight and looked him up and down. "Of course I do, Angus. Why wouldn't I?" She said, trying to avoid him. Erin watched as her parents had another argument in the kitchen. They hadn't always been like this, Erin had seen pictures of when they had first started dating, and when they were married. It just seemed that, after she was born, things began going downhill for their relationship.

Erin's phone beeped. She pulled it out of her pocket, reading the text from her friend, Lucy.

Lucy: Sorry. Can't hang out today.

"Probably because you're too busy with your boyfriend!" Erin said to her phone through gritted teeth. Sometimes, she wished she would just disappear. Her parents would be happier, and her friends would have the pleasure of not knowing her. She frowned as the arguing in the kitchen turned into yelling and things even started getting physical in there.

"Fine! But if you want me gone, I'm taking Erin!" Mavis yelled. Erin froze. Take her with her? That wasn't the life she wanted. She didn't want to go and live with a mother who spends all her money on plastic surgeries.

"Fine then! She was a waste of space anyways!" Her father, Angus, shouted. No. This wasn't what she wanted. She was half hoping that her parents would divorce, because it would be torture for both her and her parents if they stayed together. But, she was hoping to not live with either of them. Erin quickly looked at her phone and pretended to read a text.

"Oh, I'm going out!" She called, not sure if her parents heard her. They probably hadn't. She swiftly opened the door and walked down the road. Nothing was open. She instead leaned on the wall of a building. Suddenly, a certain fox came rushing past Maisie's Pastries.

"Master! Master! Where are you, Master?" Emma called, rushing past the small bakery. Master? Erin hadn't heard that name in years.

She thought about how she had teased Emma the other day. Truth was, Erin had wanted to be friends with Emma, maybe even a little more. But, she became jealous of the friends the fox had made. Jealous of their talents and powers, even their looks. But, Erin liked to believe that she didn't want to be friends with her anymore, that she had her own friends, and that Emma would never like her.

She stayed there for a while, mostly just thinking. As noon approached, she decided to hope that her parents had stopped arguing back at home, so she made her way there. She tried to take her time, since she didn't want to face the hell back home. Even though the storm was getting worse, she didn't want to go inside. A small body bumped into her, toppling over. "Hey! Watch where you're-"