Hidden Photos

Rose-ann was with Bella, rummaging through her brother's room. "Um, I don't really know how I feel about this, Bella." Rose-ann said, looking under Alex's bed sheets. Bella pulled out her brother's books out of his bookcase.

"I know that he's hiding something from me. And I plan to find out." Bella said, chucking another book. Alex had gone out with Cairry to a nearby bakery where they were going to meet up with Peter and Dani. Emma and Izayay were at Rose-ann's house. "I know he's hiding something." She shined the flashlight on the wall, blaring a red yellow light.

"Wonder what that's for." Rose-ann said, waving her hand in front of the light. Bella turned to the desk and pulled out the drawer. "Bella!" It landed with a loud BANG! on the ground. "Bella, are you kidding me!?" Rose-ann whisper-yelled.

"Shh. I may have found something." Bella got down on her hands and knees, pushing aside photos, most of which were of her. There were a few pictures of Alex and his friends, and some of Bella and her's. She stopped when she saw a photo of two anthropomorphic cheetahs. One had short orange hair and purple eyes, and the other had long red hair with lime green eyes. They were holding a baby that Bella recognized as her brother.

She had never seen that picture before. It was slightly crinkled, and she could see there was something on the back. She couldn't make it out, when she realized something. The flashlight was still on, and the small light that was shining around it made something appear on the back of the photo. She turned over the photo, reading what was written on the back. Tears formed in her eyes as she reached the end of the letter. "How could he?" She whispered, dropping the flashlight.

"What, Bella?" Rose-ann said, sitting next to her, picking up the flashlight.

"How could he!?" She yelled. Rose-ann took the photo from her, reading the letter on the back. She blinked.

"Well...obviously you would be put in danger if you knew. So...he was just trying to protect you-"

"HE WAS KEEPING ME AWAY FROM MY PARENTS!" Bella screamed, tears pouring down her face. She wiped her eyes, not stopping the tears.

Rose-ann put an arm around her, setting the flashlight and the photo aside. "Hey, look on the bright side! Your parents are still alive! And, who knows, there might be chance to find them, right?"

Bella was silent as she embraced her friend. "I need to talk to Alex." She said.

"Well, he should be home so-"

"I need to talk to him NOW!" Bella said, getting up. Rose-ann got up behind her as they speed walked down the stairs and out the front door.

"Your brother said he wouldn't be long. Don't you think we should just wait until-" Rose-ann started.

"No, Rose-ann! I need to talk to my brother about why he's been hiding it from me. All these years, he wasn't protecting me. He was just making me more curious." Bella said, grabbing Rose-ann's hand. After they had a tight grip on each other, Bella ran. When she ran, she really ran. She was fast since she had inherited her super speed.

After a bit, Rose-ann screamed. "Bella!" Bella skidded to a halt, stopping right in front of George and Joey.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" Bella said, frustrated that her friends had stepped in her way. "I'm kinda in a hurry here!"

Joey raised his sleeves in defense, they could almost see his hands. "S-sorry, Bella! We didn't m-mean to run into y-you." He stuttered.

Bella rolled her eyes. "I don't have time for this!" She said, letting go of Rose-ann's hand. She dashed past her friends, hearing them call after her.