Worries Of A King

Hue sat on the edge of the bed, watching his mother lying in bed. She was incredibly ill. She wasn't able to leave the castle, her room, not even the warm blankets of her bed. "Mother?" Hue asked. His mother looked over at him. She wasn't old, she was actually quite young to be a queen. Her beauty didn't match her age. "Mother, I have been crowned King of Suibom. Are you proud?" He waited for his mother to respond. She did it with a simple nod. Hue gave a sigh of relief. "Mother? Am I allowed to ask?" He asked. She nodded. "Will you ever leave your bed? Will you ever speak again?" She shook her head silently. The only noise in the room was the rustling of pillows as she moved her head. "Mother..." Tears started forming in his eyes. He got up to leave, but something stopped him. A whisper, maybe even a faint voice.

"Hue..." His mother said.

"Mother!" He cried, returning to her side. "Mother, what is it?"

"You must protect the kingdom! Protect Suibom!" She said, her hand clutching his. "You must!" Her eyes suddenly went wide. "Beware..."

Two guards walked in, tucking his mother back into her bed, but she refused to rest. "Mother, what is it? What must I beware of?"

She suddenly snagged him by the collar, pulling him close. "The Dark Stag and his wolf. The Light Doe and her fox. Beware!" She cried, letting go of her son. Her hands trembled as they returned to her sides. "The wolf....the fox..." She laid her head back on her enormous pillow, closing her eyes. Her breathing stopped.

"Mother? Mother! Mother!!" Hue cried, his hands running through his fur. "Guards! Help!" He was pushed out of the room as guards entered the room. "Mother!" They shut the door on him. Soon, a strange illusion took place in front of him.

He fell to his knees as the walls and floors around him went bright red and pitch black. The door morphed into an anthropomorphic wolf. His jet black fur seemed to shine in the bright red. His ears curled like the horns of the devil. His suit and top hat made him look like a showman. He grew and grew, until he was towering over Suibom. The people of the castle appeared around him, red shadow covering their faces. The wolf pulled out a cane with a purple orb at the end, and swept it across the land. Creature of darkness and terror rose from the ground, attacking people, eating children, beating down soldiers. Hue sat there, still on his knees as he watched the scene play out. Was this really happening? The wolf looked down at the broken king. His eyes switched from green irises to red swirls, almost like he was trying to hypnotize him. The wolf held his cane above his head, and swung it down onto the lonely king.

Hue woke with a start, gasping as he launched up from his bed. He looked around, frantically searching for menacing wolves with canes or creatures a darkness. He gave a sigh of relief after he spotted non. He closed his eyes, running his fingers through his fur. He had had that dream many times, more recently than ever. The first part was a flashback. The second was a vision, but Hue didn't know that.

He stood from his bed and walked to his balcony. He rubbed his eyes, gaining back his vision. He rested his arms on the railing of the balcony, staring out into the stars. Surely his nightmare wouldn't become a reality, right? King Hue didn't know what to think of the nightmare. He just had to hope and pray it was all in his head, due to stress. Stress, yeah! Being the king of a whole universe was pretty hard, especially with the Masters of Powers returning to train the newcomers. "The...newcomers..." Hue said to himself, his voice still tired. He blinked, realizing something. "The newcomers." He repeated, trying to remember all of them. They were all on his list, except... "That newcomer." He ran over to his desk, pulling out lists of the people who lived in Suibom. Emma wasn't on any of them. "The Dark Stag and his wolf. The Light Doe and her fox." He trailed off, throwing the papers back in the drawers. He stole a torch from his wall, bursting out of his bedroom and running down the hallways and down the flights of stairs.

"Your Majesty?" Some guards asked while he made his way to the special room his mother told him, and only him about. The guards would only watch. It wasn't everyday you see your king in his pajamas running around the castle in the middle of the night.

He king descended down several flights of stairs. The stairs spiraled down even deeper than the dungeons. He passed several cells filled with monsters and other horrid creatures. He skipped the last few steps, still running as he hit the ground. The torch was his only light in the darkness of the depths of the castle. He approached a blank wall, or so it seemed. He placed his hand on the wall and whispered. "Thou secrets are safe with me." The white outline of a door appeared. Hue pushed the door with his hand. It opened with ease. "Okay. Where is it?" He whispered to himself, scanning the walls. He was in the Room of Prophecies. His hand swept across the wall as he peered into the pictures. The prophecies were told through drawings instead of words. It was one long hallway that never seemed to end.

Hue passed a few paintings of other beings in the Fandomverse. He passed sadness, like his mother's passing. He passed happy things, like when The Light created this castle. He passed terrifying things, like the Dark Stag and the Light Doe. He eventually stopped at a picture of a young fox with yellow fur and brown hair shaking hands with a black wolf dressed like a showman. Hue walked slowly across the prophecy. He saw pictures of how the fox grew up. How she made her friends. How she was treated in the home with the wolf. But in every picture, the wolf was there. Either in the background or just a nearly transparent spirit. Only the fox was able to see it though. People like her friends would pay no heed to the wolf. The rest was mostly just the fox and her friends, two bunnies, a cat, a butterfly, a panther, a cheetah, a husky, a dog, a kangaroo, and at one point, another cheetah and a wolf.

Hue got to where they were now. In the picture, the fox was standing above everyone else, the wolf was standing behind her, back turned the people looking at the prophecy. Her friends were all around, along with the Masters of Powers, Hue and many other the king didn't recognize at first sight. But there was much more bloodshed than Hue had hoped for. Blood splattered the ground and around the heroes and villains, but mostly the wolf behind the fox's back. Hue immediately recognized the fox as Emma, and her friends as Izayay, Rose-ann, Dani, Cairry, Peter, Alex, Dusk, George, Joey, Bella, and Ferris.

His breathing increased as he read the words above Emma and the wolf.

Where you are, I am too. What you do, I do. What you say, I hear. What you see, I see. No matter how far you run, you will never escape, Emma...

Hue dropped his torch and ran out of the Room of Prophecies, not bothering to look at the rest.