Seven Seats

Hue watched as Serena escorted Emma, Cairry, Dani, and Rose-ann to their sleeping quarters. He still had the nagging feeling there was something familiar about Emma. He frowned to himself, swearing to himself it was obvious, and he just wasn't remembering. He gave a sigh and looked back at the other seats surrounding the main throne. "They should get back soon." Hue said to himself, leaving the throne room. He stood in the entrance of the castle, waiting.

Meanwhile, Serena showed the girls their dorm. It was on the second floor of the castle and the boys were right next door. The lounge was painted a baby blue color that made Emma remember way too much, along with the two rooms, bunks in each one. A large balcony outside the lounge.

"I call top bunk!" Rose-ann said, claiming a bunk bed. Serena smiled, explaining the rules. Mostly just curfew and the times of the day. There was a clock in each room and the lounge. She explained how if you went on the balcony, no one outside would see you, but you could see the tropical jungle outside. After informing them about a few more rules, Serena left the room, closing the door behind her.

The girls decided Dani and Cairry would share one room, and Emma and Rose-ann would share the other. Non of them stayed at the dorm for long. Cairry and Dani left to go catch up with their family, while Rose-ann met up with Izayay to explore. Emma had decided to wander the castle and familiarize herself with her new surroundings.

She went down the stairs, walking past people along the way. She would wave to others who would wave to her, mostly small children. She noticed that the majority of people who lived here were middle-aged adults, most were parents. There were some elders, but not much. Children ran up and down the stone stairs, immersed in a game of tag. Emma spotted some teenagers, but they never seemed to be doing anything other than socializing.

Emma was back on the ground floor, which was bustling with people. The lower the level, the more people. She looked up at the tapestries on the walls. They held past events, telling old stories. She stopped at one with a black nightmare-ish non-anthropomorphic stag standing over half of a universe. A white non-anthropomorphic doe stood over another half. "Have any thoughts on this one?" A voice behind Emma said.

Emma turned around, seeing a small - much smaller than her- , chubby, elderly fox with nine tails. He had orange fur and a white beard and scruffy short hair. You could hardly see his eyes under his bushy eye-brows, along with his tiny glasses. He wore a white and orange kimono with no shoes. "Who are you?" Emma asked.

"Have any thoughts on this one?" He repeated. His voice had a slight rasp. "Anything?"

Emma was silent a moment. "I don't really know. It just kinda reminded me of someone." She said, talking about the Master. She recalled several times the Master had mentioned someone who fit the description of the stag in the tapestries. "I have a question."

"Ask away, child."

"Are you a fox? Hue told me there were no other foxes on Suibom." Emma said.

"I'm a Kitsune. It's a mythical fox, so it wouldn't be on his little list." He explained. "The name's Hachiro. Hachiro Yamaguchi."

"That's a complicated name." Emma mumbled, shaking the old fox's hand.

"Hachiro will do. And that's just my name. My title is Hachiro the Kasai Kitsune."

"What is a Kasai?" Emma asked, feeling like it meant something important.

"Kasai is a Kitsune with elemental fire powers."

"Hachiro Yamaguchi!" They heard someone cry. The turned to see Hue striding towards them. He stood right in front of Emma, trying to block her from Hachiro. "I am so sorry! I thought you would arrive earlier! I am so sorry you had to deal with this nobody!" He said that last part through gritted teeth, basically telling Emma to leave them.