Into The Sea Of Flames

Hachiro and Emma were in the kitchen, helping Elizabeth cook some food, oblivious to chaos unfolding in the castle. "Hachiro, how is cooking supposed to help an Elemental Holder in the making? I mean, I know she has fire powers..." Elizabeth said, watching Emma heat a few loaves of bread with her fingertips. "...and she can help me and the others in the kitchen, but shouldn't she be training with swords and weapons and that sort of stuff?" Elizabeth waited for Hachiro to answer while stirring a bowl full of dough.

Hachiro looked over at Emma, who was out of ear-shot by one of the ovens, heating up bread while in conversation with another woman who looked a bit older than her. He turned to Elizabeth. "Sometimes, the most important lesson doesn't need to be taught with weapons or anything of that sort. Emma has fire powers, which are one of the powers hardest to control. She needs to start with simple steps, like cooking dough to make food for others. I was surprised when I saw how she was able to control some of her powers, her generation is absolutely phenomenal with their power restraint." Hachiro admitted. It was something Alberich would disagree with and point out all the bad things about the new generation, like their lack of basic listening and learning skills, even though the new generation were some of the best at trying and doing new things. That's why they're labeled as the 'new' generation.

"Wow..." Elizabeth said, stunned. "I didn't know that. So, do you think they'll defeat..." She trailed off, remembering her son and daughter. Where was Bella anyway? No one had told her yet. She just tried believing her daughter was in good hands back home. But, she would find out eventually.

"I hope they will, and when they do, they'll be somewhat prepared...hopefully..." Hachiro said, turning his attention back to Emma. "Cook that bread any longer, and it'll be burnt!" He said to her. Emma, who had been talking to someone else, drew her attention back to the bread, quickly pulling her fingers away from the toasty loaf.

"Sorry!" She cried, pulling her jacket sleeves in anxiety. Since the lesson had started, Emma had been on edge almost the whole time. She was worried about slipping up in front of the Master of Fire. Though she didn't show it, she was about ready to have an anxiety attack. "I'm sorry."

"There's no need for an apology, Emma." Hachiro said with a smile. "Now, I would like it if you helped Elizabeth over here, please." Elizabeth shot him a questioning look. He just smiled at her and left the kitchen.

"Oh, okay!" Emma said, calling after him, but he was out the door before he could hear her. She gave a sigh before walking over to Elizabeth. "Is there anything I can help you with, ma'am?"

Elizabeth held up a small stick of butter. "Please melt this over the bowl, then go and wash your hands and come back." She said simply. Emma obeyed her commands, melting the butter over the bowl as Elizabeth was stirring. As Emma started washing her hands, Elizabeth asked her, "How did you meet Alex and Bella?"

Emma stood there, slowly turning off the tap. "How we met?" She asked.

"Yes. When we were still living on the other side of Suibom, we never heard of anyone like you. Of course, my husband and I left when Alex was just a toddler and Bella was a baby. And, Alex never spoke of you..." Elizabeth said, quietly trailing off.

Emma though for a second before looking back on the time when she met Alex. "Well, I don't know if you would like to hear the story..." Emma said.

Elizabeth looked her in the eyes. "Please...please tell me..." She requested with tears in her eyes.

Emma looked away, her ears folding against her head. "If you really want me to, I'll tell you..." She said. Elizabeth stopped what she was doing and pulled up two chairs. She sat down with Emma. Her mind flashed back to that day. "It was a winter's night, about eight years ago..." She let her flashback take over.