Julitta

Julitta led Izayay into a large hall that reminded him of the school gym. The walls were lined with shelves stocked with valuables that he had never seen. "Stay here." She said, walking to the other side of the hall. She stood at the end, staring at him. "Izayay, right?"

"Yeah..." Izayay answered, unsure of what this lesson was going to be about.

"Izayay, are you a very tidy person?" Julitta asked, looking him up and down from a distance.

"I guess." Izayay said, remembering his overly tidy home.

Julitta pulled her spear from her back, throwing it at Izayay. He held up his arms and caught the spear with his bare hands. He stared at her wide-eyed, not quite believing what had just happened. "Now, on with the lesson!" Julitta said, stepping over to the wall. She gave Izayay a smug smirk as she kicked the wall. The items on the shelves shook, but nothing fell. "Oh yeah, no magic from your hands!" The valuable things started raining down. "Don't let them break, or you'll be cleaning the mess!" She watched as Izayay scrambled around to catch the objects.

"No! Oh god, why!?" Izayay cried, catching a tiny glass tea set on a tray with his hand. He set it down gently on the ground. Lucky for him, the objects seemed to be falling in slow motion. He caught a large diamond with his foot. He held in a squeak of pain, not wanting to show the agony. The first impression he had made on his new master was when he was hiding behind his wall of ice, like a coward! He still felt ashamed about it, even though Julitta didn't seem to care. But maybe she did care! Maybe she just wasn't showing it! All these thoughts ran through Izayay's head as he caught a porcelain doll. "Why did you even give me the spear!?" He called to the grinning liger.

Julitta smiled. "Why do you think?" She replied.

"Um...to challenge me!?" He cried, catching a vase studded with fake flowers right before it touched the floor.

"I guess you could call it that!" Julitta answered, leaning against the wall. Despite being over the age of forty, she looked like she was in her mid-twenties. Her face was young, her smile practically screamed young adult. Julitta watched silently as Izayay caught the items. She snapped her fingers, and the objects started falling faster. Izayay didn't notice at first, but then he saw a bowl about to hit the ground. He caught it with his foot, along with a cup. He used his free hand to catch a glass bottle.

He looked up and saw a plate falling straight at him. Izayay panicked and flipped the spear around whilst a teapot landed on his head, he used his ears to keep them balanced. He used the hilt of the spear to balance the plate. He gave a sigh of relief before he pulled his hand away from the spear with a "Ow!" His hand was bleeding because of how tightly he had been gripping the weapon. The spear clattered to the floor, along with the plate. A load smashing sound rang throughout the hall. He stood still, not daring to look over at Julitta. He just looked at the ground.

There was the sound of clapping getting closer and closer until Julitta stood right next to him, applauding the bunny. She gently lifted the teapot from his head, and took the glass bottle from him. Izayay used his free hand to take the cup and bowl off his foot. Julitta held out her hand, her spear returning to her. She tapped the floor with it, and it turned into a broom. "Now, before you start cleaning, let me see your hand." Julitta said, holding out her own. Izayay gave her his hand. She studied the cut a moment before she swept her thumb over it, and it disappeared, leaving nothing behind but a light blue light surrounding areas where the spear had cut deep into his fur and pierced his skin.

"Good goin', kid." She said, walking towards the exit. She opened the door. When she looked back at Izayay, he was standing in the middle of the room, clutching the broom that had once been the spear. She nodded to him, and the rest of the objects in the air returned to the shelves. She left the hall, closing the door loudly behind her. Izayay adjusted his glasses and started sweeping.

After a few moments, he realized that the plate had not been the only thing that broke. There was more broken glass and such scattered across the huge hall. Izayay gave a sigh, beginning his work. Was this how every training session would be? Hopefully not.

As he swept, he didn't pay much attention to the actual damage. He was too busy watching the broom as it glided across the floor. He couldn't help but feel comforted. It was strange. He was being comforted by a broom. He somehow felt a part of it. He laughed as he swept up the glass, moving with the cleaning item. He felt like he was dancing with it. The feeling felt natural, but it wasn't.

His feet swept across the wooden tile, the broom joining him. Someone entered the hall, but Izayay didn't notice. Paul closed the door behind him as he pulled in his cleaning supplies. His eyes landed on his son. He recognized the power, and watched his son with pride. Not only was his son a good dancer, but he also wielded the power to become the next Master of Ice.

Izayay started twirling the broom like it was a baton, throwing it high in the air and catching it as it spun. What Izayay didn't realize was that the broom had turned back into the spear. He caught it by the hilt and jabbed it into the wooden tile floor. Izayay closed his eyes and the lights went out. But the darkness was met with a beautiful turquoise-blue color. "Izayay?" Paul asked, slowly walking to his son.

Izayay turned to his father, and opened his eyes. They were glowing a light orange and blue. "Father?" He blinked and the turquoise-blue light disappeared, being replaced by the lights from the torches in the hall. Everything went back to normal. Izayay's eyes went back to normal and the spear turned back into broom. Paul looked Izayay up and down.

"Izayay?"

"Oh...it's you..." Izayay looked at the ground. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm one of the janitors. What did you jus-"

"I gotta go..."

"What? But, Izayay, I was hoping to talk to yo-"

Izayay pushed past him, shouldering his father on the way out. Izayay left the hall, slamming the door behind him. Paul jumped at the loud noise. He looked around, noticing the broken glass he had seen before the broom turned into the spear, wasn't there anymore.