Chapter 8

I saw Jade and Hayden along with a bunch of other kids chained up in a god awful place. It was dark. Far too dark. I called out to them but they couldn't hear me. A door opened and a man stepped in. "Which one is first?" No one responded. They all just trembled. The man grabbed a young girl and she screamed and they dragged her out by her hair. The door slammed shut and I opened my eyes wide awake. It was morning and Phoenix and Sam were still asleep. Trying not to wake them, I get up and looked out into the woods. I see someone in the distance. Right as I spotted them, they ran off. Quietly, I followed in that direction until I saw them again. It was a girl with a hood on her head. She vanished again behind a tree and I kept following her. I found her cloak but not the girl. "Hello?" I looked around and heard a splash. I soon found myself on a small beach and some ocean water. "Are you out here?" I called. "You dropped this.. " I held it up and looked around. "Hello?"

"Help!" a small cry came from the water. I found the girl and she was drowning. I ran out in the water and swam to her. "I'm coming! Keep your head up!" I called

"Help me!" she threw her arms up and her head bobbed up and down. Each time she gasped for air. "Hold on!" I kept swimming, kicking with all my might. I finally reached the girl, but she wasn't screaming anymore. "Compassion are humans greatest weakness. " she grinned.

"Wha-" I suddenly was dragged underwater. I didn't get a good breath so my lungs already started to burn. I kicked and threw my arms around trying to fight whatever's got me, but I kept getting dragged more and more in the dark water. My ears started to ring and pop when I felt a sting in my arm. Then another in my leg, cheek, chest, and soon all over my body. I felt my eyelids grow heavy as my body started to twitch. Desperately I tried to breath but I only inhaled salt water which made me cough. I closed my eyes and felt my body jerk upwards as I passed out.