Chapter 31: ...And a Happy New Year

Harry's perspective;

Me and Willow hit the deck as gunfire erupted from above our heads! My eyes were closed tight as I held Willow with the same ferocity. I could feel her jump in sync with each relative gunshot. After what seemed like an eternity of constant blasting, everything went silent.

???: Hey, what are you two still doing here?! Go-

Trellises: Hehehe, you don't actually think that there will be any survivors after this incident do you? Consider their lives as payment for your rude outburst. You're Nero right? I've heard about you, you've been killing my subordinates.

Nero: Well I heard that you run things down here, you're the one to go to for information. Where's Asmodeus?!

Trellises: Asmodeus.... you're looking at him.

Just then, a huge blast of red energy shot out straight into the guy named Nero! He went flying through the wall like he was a sheet of paper.

Trellises: My real name is Asmodeus and I can assure you that I didn't kill your wife or still your arm. This is the first time we've met after all.

Nero: ...But...they told me....Asmodeus...

Trellises: You really trust the word of a demon? I'm quite thankful that my enforcers have led you to me so that I can rid myself of the annoying pest that is you.

Nero: Well cmon then!

The two rushed each other at breakneck speeds. The creature who posed as my boss materialized swords from thin air to combat Nero. Sparks flew from the tip of their swords. When we had the chance, me and Willow quickly fled for our lives!

Nero's perspective;
We had destroyed most of the 4th floor in a battle that neither of us could seem to win. I thought I was doing quite well with only one arm.

Asmodeus rushed me again with a huge battle axe, I dodged left and right as I watched him helplessly swing in hopes of hitting me.

Nero: BEGONE!

A brought us in the air with my sword before throwing him back. He lunged forward but I successfully parried with a well placed shot from Blue Rose.

As things continued I noticed that Asmo-whats his name was slowing down.

Nero: Getting tired?

Asmodeus: You think you know what you're up against?! You have no clue! I was gonna fix things but you just had to ruin EVERYTHING!!!

Nero: What the hell are you talking about?

Asmodeus: My philosophies are what got me locked away in the first place, I was regarded as a heretic alongside my two brothers! Placed under watch of Galran! Thinks to a pesky human, we got free! I was gonna change EVERYTHING!!!

(See chapter one for reference)

Nero: Yeah, yeah. Seems you're still a little jet-legged. How about we wrap this up?

Before I could kill him, he evaporated into a red mist. Although he escaped, he left something behind.

Nero: Oh yeahhh!

Nero: Oh yeahhh!

The red aura that surrounded the building dissipated. A strange black smoke started to rise into the air. It was coming from the first two floors of the building. What the....?

Down on the ground I witnessed a horrific sight. The smoke caused some kind of infection after being inhaled. Those who inhaled it turned into mindless, bloodthirsty predators! That's not good...

Outside, there was a wave of infected killing each other. Chaos was spreading like wildfire! The bastard got the last laugh, shit.

Harry's perspective;

Me and Willow hauled ass out of the building! We used the back entrance in order to avoid the strange smoke. It was crazy, mass hordes of people filled the streets. It was like an angry flash mob, some people were even attacking one another! What the hell is this?'

We rushed down a nearby alley before coming face to face with Amelia.

Harry: Amelia, thank god.... are you okay? Amelia....?

Her head was down. She didn't respond at all. I looked at her torso to see blood stains, I don't think they belonged to her. A slight growl poured from her lips, like a rabid animal. Willow released my hand and ran up to Amy! I couldn't stop her in time...

Willow: AMY! Thank god you made it out! Amy?

Amelia lifted her head to reveal blackened eyes. Something was completely wrong. In a split second, a letter opener ripped through Willow's throat! I backed up slowly watching Willow thrash around choking on her own blood. Amy killed her... she killed Willow...

BLAM!

Suddenly Amelia's head exploded! As her now lifeless corpse hit the ground I looked up to see a double barrel shotgun being wielded by a stranger.

???: Well

???: Well... looks like things just went from bad to worse.

To be continued...