Chapter 16: Shall Never Surrender

Neo's perspective;

There I stood. In front of my father. I needed answers.

Neo: Father!

Ophiel: Yes my son?

Neo: What are we doing?

Ophiel: Specify.

Neo: You wanted the son of Sparda, Dante. I provided. You wanted my brother, I provided. You wanted the Devil Arm, I provided. Yet I still don't know what the purpose is! What are we doing?

Ophiel: You did not provide the son of Sparda. He slipped through your hands, yet I was still able to catch him.

Neo: Fair enough.

Ophiel: Your brother's awakening was unexpected but welcome.

Neo: What about the Devil Arm?

My father materialized an object in his right hand.

Ophiel: This is no mere Devil Arm. It's THE Devil Arm. The Devil's arm. The key to ultimate rule.

Neo: Why now? We've been laying low for decades. Hidden, forgotten. Why do we act now?

Ophiel: Because, my dear son, the time has come.

Neo: I don't understand...

Ophiel: You will... soon enough. Oh! That trap you sprung for the son of Sparda was excellent. If only it fully worked out, it would have been perfect. How did you set such a thing up?

Neo: I sent the shapeshifter disguised as his dear associate, Morrison, to lure him in the museum. I've been watching him for a while now. The stunt he pulled in Fortuna was surprising. I've come to learn that he responds best to money, so I created that false job.

Ophiel: How did you know about that dormant Hell Gate deep in the museum?

Neo: I did my research. After I activated it, the devils crossed over. They created a mini nest. Right up Dante's alley. The shifter did his job and all I had to do was wait. It would have worked out if that pesky human hadn't arrived!