Chapter 21: Brothers Requiem

(Y/n)'s perspective;
My traitor of a brother hopped down to eye level. His face was stained with a crooked smirk. Which reminds me....why does he look so young?

(Y/n): I mean, I look as young as I do because I was frozen in time...but you...you haven't aged a day...

Neo: Oh, that? It's pretty magnificent actually. Check it out.

His body began to shift as a dark silhouette oozed from behind. I immediately recognized the figure......

He stood confidently beside my brother

He stood confidently beside my brother. His sword glistening in the candle light. His armor shining brightly. His cold dead stare fixated on me.

(Y/n): ...What?

Neo: It's true, I was left for dead by you and Sparda. I was heavily wounded. Dying. You know what happens to those stabbed by the Fallen Knight's blade. A slow painful death. Although, our father gave me a second chance. All I had to do was say yes.

He looked to his mutated arm. The veins leading from his arm were tinted black.

Neo: Me and the Knight became one, for both our benefits. I no longer age...

(Y/n): ...You've lost it completely brother...

I pulled forth Dante's gift, the huge blade with Vendetta carved into the handle.

Neo: Interesting choice. Another round?

(Y/n): I did come all this way, do over?

Neo: Of course. Let's make it fair.

The Knight dissipated alongside Neo's demonic arm. He pulled Heresy from its sheath, Yamato's twin.

Neo remained armless as we took our fighting stances.

(Y/n): ARRRRGGHH!!

I ran up to Neo as he patiently waited for my move! We locked blades as we stared at each other's determined eyes!

Neo: You chose the wrong side!

Heresy began to glow purple as I was repelled back by it's power! He sent a slice my way but I was ready and dodged its dimension-shattering attack!

With Vendetta, I managed to make contact with Neo's center mass! He stumbled as he took my blows like a man....or a man/demon hybrid. Demon father, human mother...

....Anyway!

(Y/n): Cmon! You can do better than that!

Neo: Indeed I can!

His next attacks came in the speed of light! I was able to parry 5 of his lunges!

In response, Neo performed an ancient move nicknamed Judgement Cut!

I took a knee as I ached. Damn!

Neo: Pitiful.

I let out a small chuckle as I surprised him by teleporting behind him! With Gilgamesh, I broke into a beautiful dance! Neo brought out his main sword, Vengeance.

(Y/n): How was that?

Neo: Foolish.

In an instance there was two of him. One equipped with Vengeance and the other equipped with Heresy.

(Y/n): ...Cheater!

Agni and Rudra manifested on my back as I took on a defensive pose! The two of them attacked from both sides but I was able to hold them off with my twin blades!

Neo: Now...

Neo2: You die...

(Y/n): After y'all!
_______________________________
Dante's perspective;
I rode on a small platform. It took me to a huge open space.

 It took me to a huge open space

Dante: (Y/n)?

I looked on as I saw my two cousins battling it out atop a huge structure.

(Y/n): Hey look who made it!

They stopped temporarily and turned to me.

Neo: ...Dante...

Dante: This a private party? Or can I join in!

I jumped in and tag teamed with (Y/n)! I was using my old sword, Merciless!

We all came to a stand still! All three of us were at a match, without Neo's arm that is!

(Y/n): Give up?!

Neo: ....

I loud booming began to resonate about the room! Suddenly the cube we stood upon shattered as the floor exploded in demonic energy! Thousands upon thousands of devils flooded the room as they continued to climb ignoring our presence entirely!

(Y/n): What the fuck?!

A strange figure in a dark robe stood in the center looking at me. Somehow so familiar...

I lost him in the crowd. All the devils piled out and continued to the top of the tower.

Dante: ........Shit.

Coming up with the crowd was none other than

Coming up with the crowd was none other than.....Nero?! He was riding one of the beasts! It didn't seem to care...

Nero: Dammit! How did you guys beat me here?!!

He hopped to us before he grew both confused and angry at the same time.

Nero: WAIT?!!? WHERE HAVE YOU TWO BEEN???!!!!