Chapter 1: A New Era of Evil

He's gone. Like Sparda before him... he's gone. Dante, son of Sparda, is gone. Is he dead? Is he suffering? Is he trapped? No one knows... he's just... gone.

Devil May Cry, the home of the legendary demon slayer. It lays in ruins. Broken and tattered beyond recognition. What happened? Who knows.

The interior of the once proclaimed shop still stands, barely. Bricks and pieces of wood cover the already messy building. Inside, a glove with a horizontal slit on it's palm lies on the ruined floor. A desk covered in tomato sauce and blank checks sits at the very back, blanketed in dust. Everything is gone... everything.

Nothing inside pinpoints Dante's whereabouts and his weapons are missing from their respective locations. No previously required Devil Arm sits in sight. They are all gone. Nothing remains.

The darkness of night looms over the tattered building as strands of rain patter the empty street. Outside stands a man shrouded in mystery. Holding an umbrella he stands, watching.

(Y/n)'s perspective;
I stand in disbelief, what happened here? These are the correct coordinates. Was the Lady lying? Somehow I don't think so. This was supposed to be it... my estranged cousin's shop. Dante, where art thou?

(Y/n): Well shit... now what...

*Flashback*
Lady's perspective;
My current contract took me to some ruins on the outskirts of a nearby village in Europe. Typically this would be Dante's kinda thing, I don't usually do the long haul but he hasn't been answering calls lately.

I came to what seemed to be an entrance

I came to what seemed to be an entrance. Everything was silent not a demon in sight... besides the ones I took care of on the way here. Just some Assaults' nothing more.

Inside the ruins was what appeared to be a deep cavern which lead deep underground.

Lady: Good thing I brought a flashlight... Dante so owes me for this...

I clambered down the hole. My flashlight was attached to my belt but only gave off so much light.

The cavern lead into a circular room with ancient stonework. Red light illuminated the room, it seemed to be coming from red egg-like sacs attached to the walls. I could make out human silhouettes within them.

Lady: Poor bastards. Wait...

One such sac was bigger than the rest and lied in the center of the room. Strange sigils lined the ground all around the sac. Enochian maybe? But why?

I reached the sac and immediately gained a head-splitting headache from some kind of unknown aura. Inside looked to be a well built man with a defined chest and abs. He had scraggly brown hair, short and messy. What really caught my attention was what was carved on the center of his chest. One word...

Lady: Sparda?

Just who is this guy? I then looked up at the wall left of me. A message was carved... "You cannot keep me here." Then to my right. More carvings, "NO." No what? Something happened here... but what... when? I had so many questions.