Chapter 26: House of the Unholy

(Y/n)'s perspective;
I was awakened from my endearing slumber by an adorable ray of sunshine. The light from the window shone over her gracious features giving her the appearance of an angel by human standards. Her blonde hair fell upon my bed and gently brushed against my cheek. Cute.

Patty: (Y/N)! Did you hear me?! The toilet isn't gonna unclog itself!

(Y/n): What?!

So we've been laying low for a while now. Two months and a half to be precise. Against my better judgment, I've officially learned how to blend in with everyday human life. At least that's what Pat Pat says. I still don't know why sporks exist.

Silver, or Ash as we call her, has been more than kind. Although she seems a bit like an over protective mother. She always has to know where I am at all times, it's kinda annoying but whatever. She's a damn fine cook that's for sure!

Ash: It's okay Patty, I said don't wake him.

Patty: He needs to be a man and take responsibility for his shit! Literally!

(Y/n): Fine! I got, I got it!

Toilet, meet sword!

Ash's perspective;
I was currently in the kitchen area fixing breakfast when a loud clash echoed through the room followed by a shriek.

All I could do was face palm before the bickering began.

Patty: WHY!!

(Y/n): Ha ha! Your face was priceless!

Patty: ...YOU DESTROYED THE TOILET!

(Y/n): I believe it's called 'getting pranked.'

My two roommates continued to argue much to everyone's dismay. Banging on the walls followed by shouting from our neighbors to be silent echoed about the place. I sighed in relaxation. Moments like these should be cherished because when they're gone there is no going back. It's nice to live amongst normal people for a change... well....normal-ish.

Everything is so peaceful. Unfortunately I know that will not last. A storm is approaching, one that has been brewing for centuries.

I glanced at (Y/n) and Patty as they play fought. Patty was screaming as (Y/n) held her in place and tickled her. A warm feeling rose inside of me much to my delight. I smiled for the first time in years. I truly love these guys. A single tear fell from my eye for I knew the inevitable outcome that was to come. No matter what choices we choose, I can't save him.

They know where I come from, the future, and that is all they can know. I've seen many results of the coming conflict...many.

I know I can't save all of them, or myself for that matter, but I must try. The pieces have already been set in motion. No turning back, no retries.

I understand the paths that must be walked and the decisions that must be made. I'll continue to lead everything along, get the ball rolling. Where it lands?

Only time will tell.

_______________________________
(Y/n)'s perspective;

_______________________________(Y/n)'s perspective;

(Y/n): Remind me again why we're here,

Patty: I told you, I've got a job to uphold. The client is paying well. Just follow me and do as I do.

So there we were, in front of an old chapel, Dumah's Watch. The sign on the way in had been vandalized, it read "Unholy."

The whole feel of the place was disturbing to say the least. It had an uncomfortable aura. I kept this to myself as Ash and Patty walked through the gate.

Everything was dead. Everything. The vegetation had all withered. Trees, shrubs, bushes, flowers, all of it. It was weird, it felt like something here was trying to speak to me. A whisper in the back of my head. Creepy...

The interior was no better.

(Y/n): What a dump. Really plagues the spirit you know?

Patty: ...Stay close.

I gave a reassuring nod before turning my gaze to Ash. She seemed just as spooked as I was. Maybe she could sense it too. Interesting, I don't even know what it is.

The whole building reeked of frankincense and murky water. Place was a real shit show. In a way, the exterior was cleaner than the interior.

The chapel was designed like a labyrinth. Twisting hallways, some that led to nowhere. It didn't even feel like a house of worship, more like a dungeon.

(Y/n): Geez, can we go now?

Patty: I'm supposed to meet my client upstairs. I wasn't aware this place was condemned.

We came to an old room up the stairs. Patty knocked twice before a young girl came to the door.

???: Yes?

???: Yes?

Patty: Uhm. Is your name Ariel?

Ariel: You must be the experts. I hope you're better than you look. Killing demons is no cake walk, you prepared?

(Y/n): This is why you needed me to come? Alright, now I'm motivated!

Ariel: Who's this?

Patty: The terminator, just like I mentioned.

(Y/n): Terminator? You call me that?

Patty: Just shut it!

Ariel: Cmon in, this is a special one.

_______________________________