Demigods are just... Irritating

~

Heyo peeps! This is me, the author, and I'm here just to give you a little message. This book is almost ending and it ends on a huge cliffhanger (yes you can call me devil) and I hope I have forces to write the second one. You must have noticed I took quite long to post this chapter. The main reasons were laziness, traveling, and my mind trying to work properly but failing. What I actually wanted to say, though, is thank you! I've had so many more reads than I was expecting, I just hope you enjoy the rest of the story as well! If you have any doubts, suggestions, worries, or is just alone and wants to talk to someone, please send me a message! I'll be super happy! That was all, now, back to Kath.

~

- Damn, we're close – Maggie muttered while checking where we were in a map. – Geez, do we even have a strategy? Or are we just gonna blow everything up and hope for the best?

- The second option. – both me and Tommy answered at the same time Toph said 'plan'.

- I'd say plan. You all seem like very skilled fighters, but... If I got everything correctly, the ones we are fighting are the most ancient beings, in fact, they precede even the early human eras, and are more powerful than... Potentially everything. Our battle power is nothing compared to theirs. So we need a plan.

- She's talking like she's already an important part of the group – Tommy said with disgust, staring the girl down.

- You're acting like I'm not here and you don't see me complaining, do you? Very well...

- Oh, you snotty little... - Tommy looked like he was about to choke Violet when Maggie pulled him back.

- Tommy? No need to fight, ok? Vi can be... A little annoying – she turned to Vi with an apologetic look. – sorry...

- It's understandable.

- But she's right.

And that's how one of the most tedious evenings of my life started. I could narrate how it went but it'd be straight torture to just relive it again. All you need to know is that Tommy and Vi now hated each other, Vi turned out to be a queen of sass, Maggie was the only one who could calm Tommy down after Vi attacked and Toph had been lucky as hell to be on driving duty. Oh, and we came up with a plan. A terrible, ill-fitting, full of ifs, and discussable plan.

They were still arguing about it when I decided to go to the front with Toph, so I threw myself there, only a bit clumsily, and ended up kicking Toph's chest.

- Sorry about that... - I said, but he only laughed.

- It's ok. So, finally got away from the beasts?

- Oh, I couldn't take it anymore, they seem like children... That way we'll just end up dying, all of us.

- Don't say stuff like that – Toph said, taking briefly one of his hands out of the steering wheel to change the gear – It's so pessimistic.

- It's great being a pessimist! I'm always either right or pleasantly surprised. – he laughed once more and oh my god. That smile had me focused on him and him alone. You see, at that time, I was a teenager filled with hormones that was going through much more stress a teenager should go through. My heart would obviously go insane. And the fact that a perfect man was sitting right next to me didn't help. At all. So, yes, forgive me if I put comments of how beautiful his green eyes looked when the moonlight reflected on them or how his ginger hair was softer than cotton because that's what my mind remembers best.

Going on, I noticed he had strapped the cow leather bracelet to his right hand.

- Hey, you're wearing my bracelet!

- And you're wearing my necklace – I blushed mildly and grinned softly.

- Well of course I am. It's the only thing keeping me from dying. But the bracelet! What was your wish?

- I'm not allowed to say it. – I looked at him, startled.

- Of course you are – he shook his head in response.

- How can I explain it to you... - he kept quiet for a minute, thinking. Then he snapped his fingers and turned to me, who quickly pointed to the road so he wouldn't smash the car. He then continued, now facing the road - It's like a birthday wish. Or that thing with the eyelashes. As soon as you say your wish to someone it stops being valid and only after it has been fulfilled I am allowed to say which one it was.

- Boring.

- Definitely not. Because now you're curious.

- I am not – I totally was. And it was obvious. – But come on, tell me what it is! I can maybe help you...

He smiled and shook his head. I continued to beg until I gave up, and I ended up sleeping right there where I was.