44 | videocall

SOHEE

i was sitting outside my terrace, computer out as i scrolled down my feed in facebook. i had nothing to do, plus mark wasn't home yet, i miss him so damn much already.

suddenly i got a message from yukhei. i was surprised, i remember he never accepted my friend request.

i happily opened it, and smiled widely. it just said that i should stay safe, but after a few second a new tab popped out.

wong yukhei is video chatting you.

my fingers got so shakey, that it accidentally pressed "accept". there i saw his amazing big smile, and i couldn't do anything but blush.

"yukhei! why'd you call?" i awkwardly laughed, and scratched my head as i covered my bared face.

"i'm bored, i am taking care of hyejin. she's very sick, and it's almost been three days." he replied, and shrugged his shoulder.

"ah, okay is she sleeping?"

"unfortunately yes, i know you want to meet her, but she seems very tired today."

"oh, okay that's fine. hope she gets well soon." i smiled.

"so what are you doing?" he asked curiously, taking a bite of his apple he had on his hand.

"um, waiting outside for...." i paused. "mark." i finished my sentence, and watched his reaction.

his eyes literally widened, as he almost dropped his apple but luckily it didn't slipped his fingers. he gulped, and licked his lips. after that he gave me a fake smile.

"so, tell me more about this mark lee."

i knew they knew each other, somethings really up. somethings really fishy.

i smiled, shrugging it off. "mark lee, he's my new neighbor. it all started that he invited me out for dinner inside his house, it went really bad so he just ordered pizza." i grinned.

"then it's we're our friendship started, and i.... i got so happy because i could finally feel how love felt like after what happened two years ago." i saw yukhei smiling awkwardly.

"and, mark is so loving and polite. i really like him, he really takes care of me and makes me happy. we turned out liking each other."

i smiled, and looked at a nervous yukhei. "yukhei, i think i found that person. what i promised to you yesterday, a boy like you, a boy that treats me like you...."

"i think it's him yukhei." i smiled, and i expected a smile from him but he just sighed, pursing his lips as he looked down at his apple.

"yukhei, is there something wrong?" i asked, leaning closer as he gulped.

"no sohee, nothing....." his lips were shaking, he was lying.

i licked my lips, and tilted my head as curiosity popped inside me that it made me automatically spit words out that i didn't even expect.

"yukhei, i can see somethings wrong. is it about mark lee?" i asked. "tell me yukhei, is it about mark?" i asked, raising an eyebrow.

yukhei faked laughed. "why would it be about mark?"

"because he had the same reaction when he saw you." i said steadily, staring at yukhei. yukhei's eyes got bigger.

"i feel like something is wrong yukhei, and i don't like it. mark told me that you guys were classmates, but it feels like you guys are more than that. i have never been so desperate to know." i spoke, making him so nervous.

"tell me yukhei."

he sighed, and massaged his temples. "from what i heard, mark is a boy that is making you so happy right now, and it makes me happy too. you tell me mark is a sweet boy, a polite boy, good boy, nice boy, innocent boy.... but i know his other side."

i felt my heart skipped a beat. is he talking about, the..... marks other side. like the conversation i had with jungkook and that other dude yeol?

"you see, i really want you to be happy with mark. but he is really tricky, and it makes me feel so unsure." he sighed, scratching his head.

"what is it?" i asked.

"mark is known to be a..... criminal in his old school."

i felt my heart beating crazy.

"we never dared to tell the tell the teachers what he was up to, because his threats scares us a lot." he spoke. why do i feel like me and yukhei are like those 7th graders, spilling tea and gossiping?

"what does he do?" i asked.

"he's a criminal sohee. and it worried me when i saw you and him together, i couldn't do anything but mouth you the word escape. i really couldn't move that moment, my heart got so weak."

"i know he's a criminal, but he said that he would stop, that he wanted to change." i said.

"mark is tricky, you never knew what he is up to." yukhei spoke.

"you might be freaked out to hear this but.... once his friends sold a girl to another one." he made my heart beat so fast, by just speaking. "they once made a deal with someone, kidnap a girl and give it to them to get cash."

i felt my were shaking, as i felt like i just paralysis. i couldn't move, i couldn't wanted someone to grab me now.

"no......" i muttered, biting my lips. i don't wanna believe yukhei, mark wouldn't do that.... right?

you see this?" he pointed at his bruise on his cheek. "he did this."

"he did?!" i almost shouted, fisting my hands tightly and felt how the water boiled inside my body.

"it's really dangerous, and i want you to be sure what you're doing." he said. "you need to know if he actually wants to change, or he just wants another target."

"but i believe deep inside, mark has an innocent side. maybe you could even help him sohee."

"but i believe mark just wants to change, because he-"

i got cut off by a door smacking loudly next door, it was mark's front door. i widened my eyes, and gulped knowing that he was back. i looked at the screen, and pursed my lips.

"yukhei i don't know what to do, he's back. i don't know how to face him now!" yukhei could see how panicked i was.

"talk with him." he spoke.

note: wipe opposites
update: okay idk but i hope no one gets offend by making kook, yeol and mark like this. so yeah.