31 | train talk

SOHEE

i was looking out the window, at a blank black wall. my tears were still on my cheeks, not dried yet. i turned out to be speechless after what happened.

doors slammed shut and soon the train chugged out of the station.

mark slid his hands into mine, and intertwined our fingers. "sohee, please talk...." he begged.

he cupped my cheek, and made me face him. his heart broke when he saw my tears. slowly he wiped them away with his thumb, and placed a small kiss on my forehead.

"come here." he pulled me closer to him, as i laid my head on his shoulder. i watched our intertwined fingers.

"m-mark?" i stuttered, chewing on my lips. he hummed as a response. "back there, w-where you saw me and yukhei.... it was nothing, we don't have something...." i squeezed his hand, and pursed my lips hardly together.

"of course, i believe you sohee. but would you tell me what happened? and if you don't want to, you don't have to." he stroked my hair, and placed another kiss on my head.

"of course...."

"well, as i said me and yukhei don't have something together. but we used to." the last sentence made his fingers stopped stroking my hair for a few seconds, but then he continued and hummed to show that he was listening.

"when i was little, he was my childhood best friend along with..... the guy on the picture frame you saw that day, kun. they've been beside me, supported me and loved me. god damn those good old days, i missed them. i thought back then, that i finally found the bests people in the whole world, that i imagined us together in the future traveling together, and just together.... but i was wrong."

"kun...h-he got a..." i clinged closer to mark, and grabbed his hands tighter. "heart problem, and it got weaker and weaker every single day. and we were informed, when his...." i bit my lips. "his life would be over."

"'starting from where we found out he had a heart problem, everything changed. it's wasn't that joyful, and bright when you see all of us. kun always tries to cheer us up, but knowing that he had a weak heart makes us upset. but me and yukhei did our best, to give him the last good days that he deserves. he truly deserves it, and we made him happy and there you saw us, the bright and joyful trio."

"but one day, the month april there he....passed away." i tear escaped my eye, and i quickly wiped it off.

"i'm so sorry sohee." mark spoke, pulled me closer for a proper embrace, a back hug should i say. i weakly smiled.

"and me and yukhei, we were quiet. we could still find to do something fun, but it was never the same without kun. one day he confessed to me, and i confessed to him too so we became together. he promised to never leave me, like kun. and together happy, while we still believe kun is in our heart."

"his promise didn't lasted long. two years ago, he left me alone. told me he never cared for me, never loved me, never adored me, never liked me, and never wanted me. and i didn't understood anything of it."

"i am sure yukhei isn't that type of person who leaves an important person behind. he came back, and i he told me he could explain, i knew he had an explanation. but he couldn't continue it, because you came." i said.

mark gulped, and i his could feel his heart was beating fast. "are you mad?"

i looked up at him, smiling. "of course i am not mark, i wanted to hear his explanation but i am super okay to be with you right now. maybe he can just explain another day."

mark smiled, and sighed out of relief. "that's good."

i studied his eyes. "what about you and yukhei, it sounded like you knew each other."

yeah, but why was yukhei so worried and scared for me. told me i should escape, and that mark shouldn't do it and that mark said that he didn't that person anymore and that yukhei should believe him, omg this is confusing my head.

but i am curious too.

mark's face molded into a nervous expression, as he bit his upper lip. "y-yeah we know each other, we went to school together, but my it's not important." he spoke with such a quick voice.

"what's more important is our date, aren't you curious where i am taking you?" he winked, and i and quickly sat up out of excitement.

to be honest, i wanna erase yukhei inside my mind now. i wanna be with mark, enjoy our time together and think about yukhei later, or tomorrow.

i bounced on my seat, and smiled like a ridiculous girl who just made eye contact with his crush.

"where? where?!"

he cupped my cheek, and admired my face.

"utopia park."

note: omg guys hope you guys can sense where utopia park is, only to the readers who actually read it ;)