26 | soothing voice

SOHEE

brr, brr, brr.

my phone vibrated, that you could feel it snake around my study table. i received a message, from mark lee, which now i named watermelon on my phone.

i smiled out of happiness, and felt my body shake like a dog's tail. you have no idea how long i was waiting for him to send me a message, i truly want to be with him.

one new message.
watermelon (mark): wanna come over? i prepared a song for you.

i blushed after seeing the last sentence. did he really prepared a song for me? i quickly looked up out of the window, i saw mark waving while opening his window.

"come over!" he shouted, i gave him a thumbs up and stood up. i fixed myself a bit, and rushed out.

i didn't even knocked, mark already opened the door for me. "jesus, you scared me!" i let out a quick exhale, grabbing my chest and keeping up oxygen.

mark squinted his eyes. "jesus didn't scared you, i did." he said, making me raise an eyebrow. ugh what a christian boy he is.

"come in!" mark smiled happily, opening the door for me. i walked in, as we both walked upstairs to his room.

slowly, he sat on his rolling chair, and pulled out his brown guitar, slowly placing it on his lap, and played some small simple sounds.

i who couldn't help but smile, when i look at him. i sat on his bed and pursed my lips before talking. "so, you prepared a song for me?"

his body turned like a statue, as his cheeks heated up, and had the color red. "no i didn't- i mean was uh.... i wanted to sing for you because i am bored....." his lips were moving.

"oh well, then go then." i said, sitting straight and properly and was impatient to hear him sing.

i just love his voice.

he smiled, before letting his fingers slip through the strings of his guitar, smooth and soothing melody blessed my ears.

he opened his mouth and the words flowed out to create the perfect melody. his voice was feathery, sounding vulnerable but strong at the same time. it carried around the room in sound waves. it was hypnotizing, almost like i was drugged. he held the long, calm note. his face became pink as he tried to catch up to the accelerating tempo. not a crack or flaw in his voice, i smiled from the perfection.

slowly the melody stopped, and so did his voice. when he stopped singing, i could still hear the last vocal his lips touched.

i shook my head, and sighed. "you're so talented." i complimented, making him blush madly.

"thank you." he simply thanked, he stood up, tossing his guitar on the small couch he had. "let's get something to eat, for dinner." he offered his hand, and i without any hesitation grabbed it as he pulled me up.

his power was too strong that i crashed into his body, both of our body shared the heat. speaking of heat, it made us blush and sweat.

"s-sorry." he awkwardly said, he pulled himself away from me, he expected me to move away, but that didn't happened.

for some reason, my hand automatically attached onto his cheek.

i slowly walked closer to him, that our face was inches away from each other. i looked up at his eyes, then down at his lips.

"s-sohee." he stuttered, looking at my lips as well.

he could see it shaking.

my chest was pumping up and down when he saw my eyes, he saw nothing but unsure thoughts, yet desperate to do it.

but i knew it was wrong.

this isn't the right way. what if i did it, and he would ignore me the next day.

it's risky, and i shouldn't do it.

"i-i'm sorry." i apologized at my sudden behavior, i sighed and pulled my hand away from his cheek.

i blushed out of embarrassment, and disconnected our eyes. i was about to turn about but..

mark who grabbed my hand tightly, and placed it back on its place, on his cheek.

"what are you doing?"

"you can't stop this, it'll be fine sohee." he whispered, attaching our forehead.

note: ooooooooh dun dun dun!!